The start of the end

Hope runs deep.

~Matthew Pointon of Englewood ET's

Matt locked the door to his car and stepped out of the cherry red Camaro he affectionately deemed the chick magnet. (It wasn't for the fact he could get girls but the fact that he bought it from a farmer who used the back seat as a chicken coop.)

He slammed the door shut and and looked around the school parking lot. Empty aside from the vehichles belonging to the staff scattered around like a shotgun blast. He loved to get to the school early that way he always had a parking spot. It was magical to him. The entire lot was empty aside from the single light that came from the admin building. It was the light at the end of the tunnel as he called it. Matt looked at his watch and sighed. Andrew was usually the second one there to school because he walked and lived only a mile away but it was too early for him to be there. Matt walked through the gate and looked at the planter. He slightly jogged over to the brick case that imprisoned countless wood chips and two baby trees. He sat on the top of the planter with his back to the baby oak and pulled out his phone and began to open up his browser when a figure moved in the shadows. He focused on it. He wouldn't say he was a paranoid doomsday prepper who lived in fear of mutants and monsters.

He did however believe in what he would call "Fucking around and pissing off the unexplained." He looked at the general direction of the figure and turned on his phones flashlight. It was just a racoon. He looked at the little bandit looking animal and let out a sigh of relief when he felt something grab his shoulder. He let out a shrill scream and began flailing his arms around until he made a connection. A male voice sounded off in pain with a hint of a stuffed nose.

"Asshole! You fucking hit me in the nose!"

Matt looked to see Andrew who was face first in a pile of wood chips. Matt held out his hand and let his breathing slow down before speaking.

"You know I'm skittish! Why would you sneak up on me!?

I touched your shoulder!

Still!"

Andrew stood up holding his nose with one hand and flipping Matt the bird with his free hand. Matt looked down and shook as a burst of wind hit him. Andrew was wearing a pair of swimming shorts with the "Gears of War" logo on it and a tee shirt advertising the band Poets of The Fall. A sharp contrast to Matt. with his plain black work shirt and blue jeans.

Andrew uncovered his nose and sat next to Matt who just crouched under the shade of the twilight. He looked in his hand. There was no blood which was a blessing. A girl walked up to Andrew. She was rather short compared to his height of 5'10. (Andrew made a lot of people seem small when standing next to them so this was not a new ordeal.)

He looked at the girl and hugged her. It was Sarah his girlfriend. He smiled and clung to her like a tick on a hound dog. The two truly loved each other and it showed. Sarah put up with Andrew and his antics which could cause many to leave him in the dust. Sarah was a special case though. She could handle all of his antics and since they got together he calmed down a lot. Sarah toppled under the weight of Andrew and fell down on her butt and brought her boyfriend with her. Andrew and Sarah began to giggle and stare at each others eyes as if they were reading into one anothers soul. Matt smiled. He had to ruin the moment somehow. He opened a video on his phone and smiled. It was the sure fire way to kill any romance. A man yelling came from the phone loud enough to scare Andrew to his feet.

"ARE YOU READY FOR THIS SUNDAY NIGHT WHEN WWE CHAMPION JOHN CENA DEFENDS HIS TITLE IN THE WWE SUPER SLAM!?"

Another group of people walked up to the three making the total of people up to six. The new people were Austin, Clayton and Haley.