Chapter 3

Mulder and I walked down the gate stairs and into the luggage claim. He grabbed my bag as I tried to reach for it. Our hands touched. My cheeks felt instantly hot and I pulled back quickly. He chuckled and grabbed both of our bags. I tried to take mine from him. "I got it, don't worry." He flashed his most handsome smile and walked through the small security door. Because we were FBI agents, we had to sit in a small room waiting to be interviewed by the airport security. We sat quietly, not talking to each other. Until he spoke up. "So, do you have anyone special at home?" I looked at him out of the corner of my eye. "No. I cut it off before I moved to Washington, he wasn't the best." I pulled up my sleeve and showed Mulder my what was now a yellow bruise. He held my arm and made the most mezmorizing eye contact I had ever made in my life. "Are you....ok?" Mulder leaned in closer and I stayed as still as I could. His lips were inches from mine, I stopped breathing. The door opened and he pulled back with a quick movement. The older man came over to stand in front of Mulder and I. "Agent Mulder, could you step out for a few minutes? We'd like to interview this young lady." Mulder gave a quick nod of the head, and stepped out of the room.

***

"Name?"

"Gabriella Carter"

The man kept writing in front of me.

"Age?"

"28, turning 29 in a few months."

He glanced up at me and looked back at the paper.

"Thank you. Because Agent Mulder has already traveled on this airline as an FBI agent, we don't need to interview him. So you both are now avaliable to go now."

I grabbed my Gray Pea Coat, nodded my head and pulled the door open. Mulder didn't make any eye contact as we got into our rental car. I got in the car and buckled in. He opened the door and slammed it shut. I starred at him. "Everything ok Fox?" He smiled and put his face in his hands. "Yeah, thanks Carter." I chuckled. "Oh I'm Carter now, is that right?" He looked over at me grinning. Then stopped and turned the car on. We were headed to Wilmington, ready to figure out these files
**************
SORRY THIS CHAPTER WAS SHORT😭 but anyways, we have a lot of stuff coming up, so be prepared for.... It I guess 😂 love you guys! ~Michele~