Chapter Four - Jepha's POV

"I'm John Howard." I said. Shit. Why. The. Fuck. Did. I. Do. That?!

"Wh-what?" Dan stuttered out.

"How can you not see it, Dan?! I love you. I've loved you for years and I couldn't say it, so, I don't know why, but I made a fake personality so I could talk to you. I'm so sorry, Dan."

"Jeph -"

"I'm sorry." I got up and took off running down the street.

I somehow ended up at the park, sitting on the swing crying. I love him so much and I blew it. I fucking blew it. No one ever tore me down like him.

-

I went home and Dan, Quinn, and Bert were all sitting in the living room. "Jeph!" Dan exclaimed. "I was so worried."

I laughed a bit. "What do you care?" I said. He looked pretty hurt. Yep. Definitely blew it. "Sorry." I mumbled as I went to my bunk and layed down, falling asleep almost instantly.

I was awoken by Dan shaking me. "You okay? You were crying in your sleep."

I took a deep breath. "Dan?"

"Yeah?"

I slammed my lips into his. I pulled away quickly though. "Sorry." I mumbled. Dan looked shocked. I got out of my bunk. "I'm going for a walk."

Dan nodded, still speechless. I walked out. I felt like shit. I felt terrible for doing this to Dan. I just sprung this on him, and I didn't give him time to process it or to think about it. Not only was I ruining my chances of being with him, I was also ruining our friendship. I was loosing my best friend because I love him and I wasn't even giving him time to figure out how he felt. I felt like a monster.

I sped up my walk a bit, tears forming in my eyes. I ended up in the Starbucks where I saw Quinn and Bert. I wish Dan and I could have what they have. But no. Because I was ruining the possibility of that happening. "Jeph!" Quinn called. I walked over to them, wiping my tears away. "So Dan told us about the whole John thing..." He said as I sat down.

"I really fucked up."

"No you didn't. It's actually kinda cute what you did. You love him that much."

"No, not that. I kissed him. Only for a few seconds. That's why I was walking. I feel like shit. I didn't give him a chance to figure out his feelings, I jumped the gun. He's my best friend and now I'm messing that up too."

"Oh, Jeph." Bert said. "You really love him, huh?"

"Yeah. I love him alot."

"Hey, it's okay."

We chatted for a while more before Quinn's eyes went wide and he whispered. "Dan's here."

"Hey, Jeph?" Dan said.

"Y-yeah?"

"Can I talk to you."

"Um, maybe later?"

"Jeph, it's important."

"Later. Please."

"Jeph. I- I think I know how I feel. I'm not sure but I need to make sure. I need to talk to you."

I sighed and walked to the park with him. We stood by a tree and he turned to me.

"Jeph. I think I know how I feel but to be sure, I need to do this." He put his hands on my shoulders.

"Dan, what are you -"

He cut me off by kissing me. I cupped his cheek and kissed him back after the shock cleared.

After a little while, he pulled away.

"Yeah." He said. "I know how I feel."

Sorry it's short. Muahahahahajahaahahahah cliffhanger.
-mx-r