Chapter 3: The Accident

I was there on the ground looking at my hand in front of me laid flat on the ground. I felt the beam burning though my blazer and now working its way through my vest. I felt the heat everywhere around me enclosing towards me. I was about to cry till I seen my birthday present roll in front of me. I looked at the crystal necklace and forgot that I never took it off. I was about to close my eyes when I seen the crystal start turning a crimson red.

I then felt the beam burn through my white button up shirt and the flames didn't burn or hurt at all. I turned my head a little and seen the beam was broken in half on my back and was still burning but I didn't feel any pain but I felt the burn of the flames. I did a push up and the beam slowly fell under me from where the fire was turning it to ash. I got up and looked and seen the char line where the fire burnt my shirt, vest, and blazer up to my tummy. I looked at my back where my skin was exposed on the back and seen it was unharmed and looked normal. The smoke in the air was head level with me but I could breath fine and my eyes weren't watery at all either.

I looked around and wounding what in the world is going on. I then seen the giant flames in the room around me and decide I must be dead. I wanted to test this theory out by reaching my hand into the flames and see if I could feel pain to let me know if I was still alive or not. I reached my hand out and my hand was engulfed in the flames and not a single shred of pain. I pulled out my hand and seen there wasn't any sign of burnt skin or anything my hand was just fine. I slowly started laughing because clearly I'm dead till my hand brushed by some the broken glass cutting my hand a little causing me some pain.

I held my hand near chest seeing the crimson slowly leak out and that made it clear to me I was alive. I started looking around for a way out in a panic knowing if I don't get out of here id will really die. I looked and seen the door was mostly on fire with a pile of ceiling in front of it. That was the only way I have left to get out so I'm going have to bust that down that door. I took a couple of steps back and ran full speed to the door and jumped over the flaming pile in front of the door and busted it down and me landing in the small hall way.

I slowly got up and was breathing heavily that door was a lot thicker then I thought but I'm glade I could bust it down by slamming into it. I looked out the cracked windows and seen the fire trucks out there getting the water hoes out and started blasting into the building. The Water busted thought the windows breaking the glass and I dropped to the ground holding my head. Shards of glass were flying all over the place as the firefights started trying to put the fires out. I crawled my way to the double doors to escape to safety. When I got there I kicked open the door and ran out and seen the crowed of people behind a taped off area. As I was getting closer I started feeling dizzy and I collapsed and passed out. I was fading in and out and all I could hear was white noise and bits of talking. "Someone help me here we've got someone with possible burns on them!"

"Ok lay her down check for burns now!"

"Jade?.. Jade?.."

"Is that you jade?"

"Hmmmm...? Where, Where am I?"

"Jade your sitting in the in the back of the ambulance at school these guys are checking for any burns and injures you might of gotten."

"Oh I see."

"Oh so Jade is it? Can you tell us how you're back of your shirt and some parts of your cloths burnt if you can."

"Well I think a wooden beam in the ceiling fell on me but it wasn't heavy or fell far cause I got it off easy."

After I said that the guy looked over my back and then light tapped it and then asked if any of that hurt. I told him it didn't and he written it down so just in cause something happened and I get back problems in the future it is properly documented. I answered the guys question as he documented all of this and then he started loading the ambulance and told me I was fine to go home since I didn't have any injuries.