Chapter 1

Roy's POV
I stared down at the two innocent people in regret. They're bodies were twisted in an awkward position and a pool of blood formed from the open wound i created. My hands shook and I looked at the gun that i held. I almost screamed out and I put the gun to my head.
"Don't do that Roy"
My breath hitched and my eyes grew wide.
"It's not worth it. Your death won't make anything better"
Hughes came up and grabbed the gun from my hand, slowly lowering my arm to my side. I let a tear slip out and i stayed silent.
"You're a soldier. You have to follow orders no matter how unreasonable it may seem"
"I know..... But innocent people..... They didn't do anything. Why do we have to go after them? They don't deserve this".
"I know Roy. I don't like it any more than you do".
He slapped his hand onto my shoulder and squeezed it lightly.
"Just wait Roy. Things are gonna get better soon".

Edward's POV (le time skip)
"Water, 35 liters. Carbon, 20 kilograms. Ammonia, 4 liters. Lime, 1.5 kilograms. Phosphorous, 800 grams. Salt, 250 grams. Saltpeter, 100 grams. Sulfur, 80 grams. Fluorine, 7.5 grams. Iron, 5 grams. Silicon, 3 grams. And traces amounts of 15 other elements".
I set down all the elements inside the transmutation circle and took a step back to admire my work.
"You ready, Al?"
He nodded hesitantly and we knelt to the ground.
"Okay. Let's bring mom back".
We put our hands on the transmutation circle and light began filling the once dark room. I smiled at the possibility of seeing my mom's smile again and my heart pounded in my chest.
"Brother... Something doesn't feel right".
The light started whipping around in the air and the center of the circle opened up to reveal an eye. Fear filled my body as i started to consider stopping.
"Ahhh! Brother!"
I looked over at Al and dozens of tiny black hands were grabbing at him and pulling him away. His body started dissolving and i screamed.
"Al! No!"
I reached out for him and i fell to the floor. I looked back and my left leg was gone.
"No! God No!"
"Brother! Help! Ed No!"
"Al!!!"
We reached out for each other one last time and he was gone. I opened my eyes and i was in a white room with nothing but a giant door. I looked around and saw a person.
"Who.... Who are you?"
"I am called by many things. But for now, I am you".
My eyes grew wide as it explained the thing i had just done and then the door opened to reveal those tiny hands again. They grabbed me and pulled me into the darkness as i struggled to get free. The door closed and i saw pictures flashing from my entire life. They were flying past me at a fast pace and i squeezed my eyes shut.
"It's too much! Make it stop!"
It went on for a few more seconds and then i was out. I was surrounded by white again.
"So. Do you understand now?"
"It... It all makes sense now. It is possible. I was just missing something. Please show me again".
"I can't do that. See.. I've already shown you too much".
Before i could say anything, i was back in the real world. Al was gone and my leg was missing.... And everything was wrong.
"Al no!! No.... This is wrong..This isn't..... This isn't what we wanted!"
I knocked over an old suit of armor and started dragging myself towards it.
"Give him back! I've already lost mom. You can't take him too!"
I took some of my blood and drew a seal on the inside of the armor.
"Take my arm. Take my leg take my heart i don't care! Just give my brother back! It's my little brother he's all I have left!"
I transmuted him and bonded his soul to the suit of armor. When he came to reality and saw me, he freaked out. My left leg and right arm were gone and i was loosing a lot of blood. He picked me up and ran outside through the rain to Winry's house.
Al collapsed at her door and knocked. She answered and her eyes grew wide.
"Oh my god! Ed!"
"W-We had a bit of an accident. Please help him..."

A/N hello!! New story yay!!! *dances around the room