Chapter 6

Roy's POV

I looked up from my paperwork to see Edward sprawled out on my couch. I smiled slightly and looked back down at the stack of papers. I sighed and started writing again.
"Hey fullmetal, are you awake?"
"Yeah I'm awake Colonel"
"Would you mind getting us some lunch?"
He sat up quickly at the mention of food and his face lit up.
"Sure. I'm starving"
He came up to me and bounced up and down as I dug some money out of my pocket. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.
"I just want a sandwich, fullmetal. Any kind".
He nodded and ran out. I shook my head and continued my paperwork.
"He's such a child...... He really is a child Roy. You can't feel this way about him... It's bad".
I started talking to myself and mentally beating myself up for developing feelings for the short blond Alchemist.
"Ugh.... Even if I could be with him, how can I bring myself to ask him out?"
"Ask who out?"
My words caught in my throat as I looked up at Edward, who was already eating a sandwich.
"Nobody. Got my sandwich?"
He nodded and threw it to me before he plopped back onto the couch and raised his automail arm in the air.
"Hey Mustang?"
"Yeah?"
"Is what I did wrong? Like.... Should I be punished?"
"Where is all this coming from, fullmetal?"
"Never mind. Forget it"
He rolled onto his side and curled up in a ball. I wanted to comfort him, but what could I say? I don't think anything I say could possibly make him feel better. I sat there and started at the back of his head until I heard soft snores coming from him. I sighed and picked my pen back up before starting to fill out my paperwork again. About 20 minutes went by before I heard him whimpering in his sleep. I furrowed my eyebrows and watched him. He whimpered some more and started moving around. I started to get worried when he took shallow breaths. He started talking too,
"N-No.... Mom... I'm sorry. I tried to fix you"
"Fullmetal?"
"No!"
I got up and rushed over to him.
"Hey fullmetal! Wake up!"
He clung onto the fabric on the couch and screamed. I grabbed him and started shaking him, but he didn't wake up. His voice became weak as he whimpered some more.
"N-No... Please.... I'm sorry".
I put my hand on his cheek and rubbed circles with my thumb.
"Edward..... Wake up"
His eyes flew open and he sat up. I pulled my hand back quickly and looked at him.
"Are you okay, Edward? I'm here...... You don't have to be afraid".
I pulled him into my arms and he froze.
"C-Colonel?"
"Yes?"
He didn't answer. Instead, he burst into tears and clung onto me. I stroked his hair and rubbed his back as he buried his face into my chest.
"It's okay Edward. You're safe".
"Why are you calling me that?"
"Huh? Oh I figured it would be more comforting than Fullmetal. I can stop if you want"
"N-No..... I like hearing you call me that"
I smiled and pulled him closer.
"Okay..... Edward it is".

A/N sorry that this took so long. I was busy and then I got sick last week. I'm still sick right now, but J figured that I could get a small chapter up. I hope it's not too crappy.