Chapter 3

(huge time skip because recovery time and training? Eh I'm too lazy)
*Roy's POV*

I heard that Edward Elric was taking his Entrance test today to become a state alchemist. I was honestly surprised to see him so soon. Apparently, he recovered for a year and trained for another year. I observed the tests from above and narrowed my eyes at some of them because they were mediocre. Then i layed my eyes on Ed.

Ed's POV

I was taking my state alchemist test today. I already took the knowledge test, and now i'm taking the performance test, where we have to show off our alchemy skills. Everyone was making big and complicated things, some of them were taking up all of their energy. Someone made a building, but it came crashing down almost as soon as it was built. Everyone started running, but the man that transmuted it was frozen in terror. My eyes widened and I ran forward, clapping my hands and putting them on the ground. The once crumbling building turned into cherry blossoms and they fell on us slowly. Everyone looked at me in shock and cheered.

Roy's POV
I watched Edward with great intensity as he ran forward into action. I was about to yell at someone to get him out of there, but he transmuted..... Without a circle... And turned the crumbling building into cherry blossoms. Everyone cheered and i just stared at him with wide eyes. Let's just say that Edward Elric had just become a state alchemist.
(time skip)
I sat in my office and someone knocked on my door. The door opened to reveal Ed. I smiled at him and congratulated him on passing the test. He thanked me and walked up to my desk. I handed him his pocket watch and explained the codenames to him.
"Every state alchemist has a code name. For instance, mine is the flame alchemist due to the alchemy that i use. Yours is very ironic actually... The Fuhrer picked it out".
He looked at the paper and smiled slightly.
"I like it"
"Welcome to Central Command.... Fullmetal"

It's so short, but it's late and I'm tired so I'll post a better chapter tomorrow. I'll try to get more than one chapter posted. Oh and like i said, this will follow the anime at first, but then I'll go in a completely different direction and start making things up lol. Anyway, thanks for reading this short crappy chapter