Chapter 4

Ed's POV

I went to see colonel Mustang in his office and he congratulated me and gave me my pocket watch. I took it from him and his hand brushed mine, which caused a pink blush to dust my cheeks. He smiled at me.... Oh god did he notice me blushing?
"So everyone has a codename here. For example, I'm the flame alchemist due to the type of alchemy I use. Yours is very Ironic actually. The Fuhrer picked it out".
He handed me a paper and I smirked slightly at my name.
"I like it"
"Welcome to Central Command... Fullmetal"
I looked at him and my blush grew slightly darker when he said my codename. He seemed to notice and he frowned slightly.
"Are you okay, Fullmetal? Your face is red.... Are you feeling okay?"
"Huh? O-Oh... I'm fine"
My face heated up more and he got up. I got nervous as he walked around his desk and up to me.
"Please excuse me if I'm being direct"
He removed his gloves and his hand found its way to my forehead. He left it there for a few seconds and we locked eyes. My blush became even darker and he frowned.
"Hmm... You feel really warm. You should go home and rest"
His hand left my forehead, leaving a cool feeling as the air hit my skin. I mentally pouted from the absence of his hand on my skin, but I didn't show.
"O-Okay.... I should get home then".
He smiled and ruffled my hair slightly. Huh... I usually freak out when people do that. Why is right now any different?
He put his hand on my back and guided me to the door.
"You can call in tomorrow if you feel sick. Otherwise, I'll see you bright and early, Fullmetal".
I nodded and walked out of his office. He closed his door quietly and I walked a bit before sliding down the wall and hiding my face in my hands.
Colonel Mustang.... Touched me... And... It made me happy. What's up with me today?
I walked outside and met Al and Nina.
"Brother! How did it go?"
I tossed my pocket watch to Al and he smiled.... Well... I'm 90% sure that he smiled.
"Brother! You made it! That's amazing!"
I put my hands behind my head and intertwined my fingers.
"Thanks Al"
"Big brother... You're a state alchemist just like daddy"
I smiled down at Nina and picked her up. I put her up on my shoulders and she squealed happily.
"Yep. I'm a state alchemist. Am I cool yet?"
"Yes. You're still very little, but you're cool, big brother Ed"
My eye twitched at her comment.
"Who are you calling so small that you can't even see me so you'll step all over me?!"
"Brother.... Nina didn't say that"
Nina laughed and I calmed down a bit when I heard it. She was a pain... But she was amazing.

Roy's POV

Edward left and I sighed. Poor kid... He felt really warm... And he was stuttering a lot.... Wait a minute.... God dammit Roy! How could you be so oblivious?!
I looked out the window at him as he walked out to Alphonse and a young girl. He tossed his pocket watch to Alphonse and they shared a moment of excitement. I opened the window and I could hear their voices, but they were quiet.
"Yep. I'm a state alchemist. Am I cool yet?"
The little girl giggled.
"Yes. You're still very little, but you're cool"
Ed lost it at that comment.
"Who are you calling so small that you can't even see me so you'll step all over me?!"
Jeez...
"Brother, Nina didn't say that"
"Yeah whatever"
They walked off and I smiled. God.... This kid is just so... Cute.....
Wait... What?

Heyyyy! Sorry this update took so long, I've been really busy preparing for an audition for the music program at the college I'm going to attend. But the audition is finally behind me, so I'll try my best to get in as many updates as possible. Now... Let me know what you think of this chapter and if you like it and you have friends that ship RoyEd... Please share :)
You guys are amazing ^-^