Chapter One: The building

One Day Before....

I was standing in front of an old building. I didn't know what I was doing or how I got there. I looked around me and noticed that there was several other old buildings surrounding me. For that time, the only thing I knew was that I was supposed to go in to that building. As I examined the building I noticed that the windows were broken. The building looked like it could collapse at even the smallest amount of movement at any time. It was clearly abandoned. I also noticed that the door was slightly open. I reached forward to push it open the rest of the way. As soon as my hand touched the door, a cold pain shot through my body. I recoiled immediately. I reached out again to open the door. This time I prepared myself for the pain, but when I touched the door there was no pain or any coldness. When I walked into the building I noticed that there wasn't any light except for the little sliver coming through the door. Then the door slamed shut.

The ancient building was very cold. I thought I had heard music playing but when I listened more carefully I couldn't hear it any more. As I stood shivering from the coldness and darkness of the building, I looked out the closest window, and what I saw made me start panicking.

Out the window I didn't see the place I had come from. More like the exact opposite. Out the window what layed out in front of me was a vast desert that seemed to have no end.