02

Harry bursted awake when his phone rang. He groaned and answered it. "Hello.." He answered sleepily

"Harry! Where are you?" Zayn asked on the other line. Harry furrowed his eyebrows and looked to the clock. It was 7:30.

"In bed." He said simply. He swore he could answer Zayns annoyance. He sat up and ran his hand through his lengthy hair

"Well I need you at the station..." He said.

"Can't you wait...maybe...a few hours?" Harry asked with a groan. He really didn't want to get out of his bed.

"Now. Harry..." He said more sternly. Harry rolled his eyes and he got up.

"Alright alright..." He said getting up. "Give me time to get dressed and get my coffee." He said. He hung up before Zayn could even reply

Harry let out a sigh as he started his coffee and he got some clothes. He pulled on a button up with leaves and black skinny jeans. While he waited for his coffee he pulled his hair up in a bun and slid on a brown pair of boots.

Once the coffee was done it was already 7:50. He smirked a little wondering how pissy Zayn will be. He knew it wasn't the best idea to piss off his partner but it was so fun to do. How could he resist.

+++

He walked in at 8:15 and was led off to where Zayn was. When Harry found him he smirked. "Hello my dear partner!" He said. Zayn rolled his eyes. Harry only chuckled and sipped his coffee. "What was so urgent that I had to come in."

"If you're gonna be my partner you're gonna have to be here on time." He said with a shrug.

"What's on time for you?" Harry asked really not wanting to know.

"7 am every morning." He said. Harry gave him a look and rose his eyebrows. "Weekends too..." He said.

Harry groaned. "I did not sign up for an actual job. I'm here to help." He said. Zayn only replied with a shrug. "Did you invite me here just so you can lecture me or is there importance to the case." He asked

"Yes.'' He answered leading Harry to a big TV. He showed a picture and turned to Harry.

"Yes that's our victim...what about her?" He asked

"Her name...is Kayla Meretz..." He said. Harry looked to her for a second.

"Do we have any family?" He asked.

"We've got her parents. Julia and Tom Meretz. And here's the address." He said pulling out a piece of paper. Harry took the paper and examined it. "And we better get going.." Zayn said beginning to put his coat on

Harry groaned. "I have to talk to people too?" He asked. Zayn rolled his eyes.

"Cmon you baby." He said walking off. Harry sighed but he followed. He really regretted agreeing to this.

+++

Zayn pulls up to the house and Harry starts to get out but Zayn stops him. "What?" Harry asked

"Button up your shirt." He said. Harry furrowed his eyebrows and looked to his shirt that was half buttoned up.

"No..." He said

"Harry just button it up. Its not like I'm asking you to change your clothes." Zayn argued back.

"This shirt isn't meant to be buttoned up all the way.." He said. Zayn continued to give him a look and finally Harry gave in.

Zayn walked up with Harry who now had his shirt buttoned up. He was grumbling at Zayn who was paying no attention to him. He knocked on the door and a woman in her 40's answered.

"Can I help you?" She asked with her left eyebrow raised and inspecting the two.

"Ma'am, I'm detective Malik and this is special agent Styles. We're here to ask you a few questions about your daughter." Zayn said. The woman let out a soft sigh and nodded.

+++

"I just can't believe she's dead...who would do such a thing to her..." She said sipping her coffee. Harry was walking around and observing her decorations and pictures just to get a better look at things

"I'm truly sorry for your loss ma'am." Zayn said. Before he could say anything else Harry spoke up.

"Can I ask where your husband is Mrs. Meretz..." Harry asked.

"He's not here...we've divorced 5 years ago." She stated. Harry nodded and looked to Zayn giving him the signal to continue. Zayn rolled his eyes before turning his attention back to the mother.

+++

"I don't think you should've asked her where her husband was.." Zayn said. Harry looked to him with a raised brow.

"I was just doing my job." Harry said.

"Well your job has limits." Zayn said as he got into the car. Harry growled at Zayn before seating himself. "So what we know is that..."

"She's the perfect daughter no one would ever hurt her...this happens to be the answer for every victim might I add." He said. "Now while you were asking questions I happened to discover a few things. The victim had a boyfriend. There was a picture with him and her. And it was obvious they were dating based on how close the two were to each other. However I seemed to notice on some pics the victim had bruises. May or may not have been accidental...BUT... they were on her wrists and they clearly looked like hands. So what I assume is that instead of this happy go lucky girl she is...she was actually abused." Harry concluded.

All Zayn could do was stare at him in shock. He bit his lip before he nodded. "How about we get a facial recognition." He said.

"Of course that's why I took a picture with my phone." Harry said pulling up the image. When Zayn saw the picture he froze. "What?" He asked

"I know who that guy is.." Zayn said. Harry rose an eyebrow at him.

"Well...what's his name?" He asked. Zayn stared at the pic before looking to Harry.

"His name is Liam Payne."

A/N Yay Liam!

Any who comment: #partnerszarry if you enjoyed this chapter

Also comment, vote, etc.

Thanks!

Katie xx