5

Cyn

"Cynthia, you're holding my hand too tight" Nicki hisses to me, aggressively snatching her hand from my grip.

"how do you do hold onto someone's hand too tight exactly?" i roll my eyes.

She looks at me, narrowing her eyes, before lifting up her hand and showing me the red marks on her skin from where my acrylics had been digging into her palm a little too hard.

Estelle 'insisted' we hold hands and act like a couple and 'insisted' the two of us go to a fancy restaurant as coffee "wasn't mainstream enough" (which is bullshit.).

But the contract is signed. I agreed to the NDA. I can't back out now.

"Shit my bad" i mumble nervously gliding my finger over where the mark is.

"Yeah your bad" Nicki bites back harshly, pulling away her hand.

"Sorry...I'm just nervous."

She looks at me for a second before sighing as though she's were in pain and looking away again.

She takes my hand again in hers, squeezing it softly before letting it go.

"Don't be stupid..." she stays staring at the restaurant in front of us.

"you've got nothing to be nervous about. You look good." she continues, not even looking at me

I realise that's Nicki's attempt at comfort.

Eh. I'll take it.

"You're...taller than me?" I question to her confusedly,

Last time I checked Nicki's height was on leprechaun status.

"It's the heels." She bluntly replies not even passing a glance my way

She must've been sick of talking to me because immediately after that she starts to head through the doors of the restaurant any announcement and I find myself jogging to catch up to her pace.

I hold my fur coat closer to my chest as we head through the doors

it's cold as fuck in here

Someone by the door gives me a disapproving look and holds their hands out for my coat

I start to stumble over my words...

"Oh. I um- thanks I-" Nicki interrupts

"baby, you're supposed to take your coat off at the door silly! let me help you take that off"

she mumbles pulling off my vest and passing it over to the doorman.

"Sorry, she doesn't go to places like this often" she chuckles at the man.

She talks about me like I'm not even in the room.

oh my god, this is so embarrassing.

But she's right.

I don't really go to places like this and I clearly don't belong here.

Nicki and the other people here have so much money they don't know what to do with it... I feel like a fish out of water.

Blushing a dark shade of crimson—perfect to show embarrassed I was-I hold my hand back out for Nicki to hold.

To keep this whole couple image going of course.