Chapter 3 - The Candy Kingdom

The sun was showing itself today, and Fionna woke first to notice the bright sunrise. She looked up from a warm chest, straight into Marshalls sleeping face. Her face became extremely hot as she realised how they were sleeping, in the air under a tree covered by her blanket. It seemed rather princely of Marsh, but he was a King. Fionna grinned at how nice he was being, then realised the sun was coming up and he was unprotected.

"Marshall Lee, wake up!" Fionna shouted, but he was too sleepy and just rolled over. If not for her quick reflex, she may have fallen off and hurt herself. Fi was clutching onto his neck, her legs were wrapped around his waist.

"M-Marsh, I'm gonna fall!" She yelped and tried giving him some punches to wake him up.

"Mmm, not now. Just one kiss, okay?" Marshall mumbled sleepily, still in his dreams. Marshall leant down and planted a kiss on Fionna's lips, Fi was shocked, her eyes batted rapidly. Marshall's eyes fluttered open and he saw what he was doing. His eyes were wide and he pulled back, letting Fi down.

"What the glob man?!" Fionna shouted half-angrily. Marshall floated to the ground, now he was mad too. "What do you mean?! I woke up and you were kissing me!" Fionna punched his chest, leaving her fist there and hanging her head down.

"You kissed me dude." She continued to hide her face becuse she was extremely red, she just didn't want him to see the expression on her face and call her delicious. But if she had looked up, she would have seen the flustered expression all over his face, something she has never seen.

Fionna finally peeked up, Marshall was a little flustered but he was smiling. "Do you want another one or should we continue to the Candy Kingdom?" Marshall flicked his tongue out at her and she pouted. "Let's hurry up." Fionna muttered and walked off toward the Candy Kingdom, Marshall beside her with his umbrella covering him.

They seemed to have been walking for an hour at the least. Fionna wasn't tired but Marshall wasn't used to this much walking. Luckily, just in their sights, was the walls of the Candy Kingdom. Fionna was begining to shake as they walking through the kingdoms gate, Marshall noticed and reached over to grab her hand as support. She looked over at him and smiled sweetly, a little bit of a blush.

"I still have no clue what we're asking about. The Ice Queen wasn't too detailed." Marshall shrugged and grinned. "I'm sure Bubba will tell us, we must have been directed here because something was wrong. Like with Simo- I mean the Ice Queen." Marshall bit his tongue for almost using that name, luckily Fi didn't notice. She was too nervous as they neared the castle gates.

Marshall gripped her hand and his their joint hands behind them when Prince Gumball opened the castle door. It was odd of him to answer, being royalty and all he could just have Peppermint Maid answer.

"Fionna, Marshall... how odd to see you two together here." He paused, looking a bit jealous in Marshalls opinion. "But I'm glad you're here Fionna, I have a request. Lord Mono is missing, and a note was left. Come in guys." Bubba smiled like a good host, and the two walked forward. Gumball caught a glimpse of them holding hands and sighed sadly.

"I see you're happy now Fionna?" He mumbled, looking at hers and Marshalls hands. Fionna wanted to speak, to deny it but Marshall spoke before she could. "Yes, we're very happy. Now can we hurry with this note, Lord Mono isn't the only one missing. Cake is too, we're looking for her and think that Gunter and Lord Mono will be where she is." PG narrowed his eyes then nodded briefly.

They walked to the tea room, a room used for the guests here to visit Prince Gumball. As they took a seat, Marshall let go of Fionna's hand, thinking she may have wanted it that way but he was surprised when she reached over and tugged at it again. It warmed his heart a little and their attention was soon turned to the archway joining the tea room and the kitchen.