CHAPTER 1: The Night

His face, it was scared like my wrists. the night we met was cold and I had fallen asleep without closing the window. At this time I was five and thought I might lose my life. Usually my mother would come in and close it but tonight, tonight was different. Tonight was not like any other night and I felt it in my bones. After about five minutes I heard a strange sound and walked up to the window to close it. When I got back into bed and closed my eyes I heard another strange sound but instead this time it was a voice and it said "go to sleep."

  So I looked up to find a tall skinny man with eyes as white as snow and a carved smile. I could tell by his eyes that he wasn't human. About two seconds later he jumped on top of me trying to choke me, but I put up a fight. I was scared to call my mom knowing he would do something to her. Before I could speak he started talking to me saying "Wow, your strong for a five year old. Why don't you just give up so you can be pretty like me."  I wanted to scream but instead I built up the courage say "HA, be pretty like you! Why would anyone want to do that!" Although I thought it was the right thing to say, I realized I had just made a big mistake. Saying that only made him mad and he tried to kill me right there but before he could the sun was starting to rise, so he fled leaving a note behind. When morning  came I checked the note and it read, "I'll be back to finish what I started."