Phenomenon

I felt it first one night... it was both a feeling and a sound. I could hear the low buzz in short intervals, and I could feel it pulsing through my body. Curiosity got the best of me, and I stepped outside to see if I could find the source of the noise. The night was quiet, and the pulsing stopped. I turned to walk back inside, but before I could, something moved in the treeline. My head snapped around as my eyes met with a glowing blue pair in the dark. A form ran across a moonbeam and into the barn. My name is Luke, and before that night, I had never believed in aliens.

The next morning, I was the first one awake. With great caution, I picked up a shovel as I walked up to the barn. Not a sound came from the barn, as I threw open the doors. Nothing moved, all was still, and I saw no glowing eyes. With my shovel in front of me, I proceeded to the center of the barn. A cold breeze flew past me as the two enormous doors, which were hard to open, slammed shut. I was now aware of something watching me, though it did not make itself known. There was a sound that sounded like a snake choking down a rat. Something was thrown at me, and I was in horror at what it was. I held the, still warm, skull of a farm cat. The intense glow of two blue eyes hing above me. Acting quickly, I swung the shovel at the eyes, and felt the vibration of metal contacting a head. There was a horrible, reptilian, screech, and something fell onto the floor ahead of me. I opened the doors, and the sun fell on the motionless body of what appeared to be a cross between a girl and a reptile. I slowly approached her, but she remained in a crippled heap. There was a cut in her head from where I had struck her, and black ooze was draining from it. I reached out to touch her face, and her eyes shot open. She tried to stand up, but she was in too much pain to do so. I pointed the shovel at her, and she  screamed at me. Now that I had seen her for more than an instant, I could see that she was more reptilian than human. Her skin had a rough texture to it, her pupils were diamond shaped, and her teeth were curved, and sharpened. We made eye contact, and while I stared at her with curiosity, and admiration, she glared at me with hate and disgust. With a sudden burst of strength, she leaped up and talon like claws shot out from her hands. She wound up like she was going to tear me apart, but she retracted her claws, kicked me over. Before she could flee outside, another shovel whammed into her head sending her to the ground. My father looked at her with fear as he kicked her over to the side. "What were you thinking, you stupid boy?" He demanded as he shook me. "Are you looking to get killed? Because that's what I'd like to do to you right now!" I had never liked my father. He was mean to me and my mother, and he would rather ride his horses off into the sunset than care for his family. He picked up the body, and slung it over his shoulder as he walked to the cellar. They disappeared into the dark, and Luke was left alone in the barn.