Chapter four: G.I Grandma

Around three in the morning I had fallen asleep, but it seemed that as soon as my eyes had closed Grandma had decided to arrive. She woke me by the sound of her van’s horn, and the sound of her ramming her van through the garage door, for the sixth time. With a grin, I pulled on my sneakers and went out to see her.

She had barely missed all of our vehicles, last time having hit Mom's on purpose. But the garage door was completely gone, and I knew Dad would not be very happy with having to replace another one. But it was Mom's fault for not giving Grandma a designated parking spot like she did for her friends.

I watched as the large, round woman wiggled out of the driver's seat. She was dressed in this awful, bright pink dress that had neon green fish on it. Her blue hair poked out from under the tin foil that she had decided to spray paint: “Go away, no vacancies here” on it. Deep down, I knew I should be embarrassed to call her Grandma, but in truth, I loved it.

“Mouse, come her quickly before they see you,” she said quickly, pulling out her luggage.

“Before who sees me, Grandma?” I chirped as I walked over.

“The zombies.” I froze, watching as she handed me some of her heavy bags.

“Zombies…?”

Grandma nodded her chubby, little head, “Aye! Hit six of ‘em on the way ‘ere, I did.” She liked to sometimes talk with a British or Irish accent, changing it every few minutes. No one knew why she did, because Grandma was Mexican.

“Are you sure they were…Zombies?” I kept my eyes on her as we walked into the house, carrying her stuff to the spare room under the stairs.

“Ah, ‘o course I’m sure, Lassie, did ye not be watchin’ da news? ‘Day everywhere.” A sigh came from her, “Peoples be bein bitten ‘nd a changing inta them.”

Wanting to hear more, I plopped myself down on her bed, “And what can we do about it?”

“Shoot ‘em ‘o course!” She whipped a shotgun out of her bag. My eyes widened and I quickly opened up her other bags. I felt myself gasp and turn around to face her.

“Grandma!? What did you do, raid the freaking gun stores!?”

She beamed at me, “Aye, all da ones between me home and ‘ere.”

--------------

Sorry this ones a bit short, I just felt that Grandma was in need of her very own chapter :)