0.0

it was 1994 when daryl and karen clifford exchanged their vows in a flower-adorned church in london. they were so in love that four years later, this love sprouted two beautiful babies: michael and malcolm.

it was 1998 when daryl and karen clifford filed for divorce and lost contact with each other, each one taking one of the twins with them.
karen took malcolm to england while daryl flew back to america with michael. since then, both the former lovers and their children never saw each other again, each parent raised one of the twins without telling them any information about their sibling.

☯☯☯

2015
san francisco

michael clifford was awoken from the loud alarm on his phone, he turns off the alarm and gets up. he looks at the luggages beside his bed and was quickly reminded that today was the day he was going to that summer camp in nevada.

he quickly went to the bathroom to take a bath and change into more casual clothes, he ruffles his red hair as he brushes his teeth.

"mikey! it's time to go!" chelsey, the family's close friend and maid, reminds michael as she knocks on his bedroom door. "just a second, chels!" he tells her as he spits out the minty foam and gargles up water.

he quickly takes everything he needs and gets out of his room, chelsey looks at him in dissatisfaction, "i told you to wake up on 5:30, look at the time, it's quarter to seven." she taps her foot.

"yeah i'm really sorry." michael apologized, "stupid alarm." he mutters. chelsey pats his back and grabs a luggage, "come on, let's go. your dad might get upset." she says as they walk down to the living room.

daryl, michael's dad, was on the phone, "yes, annie. i'll see you in the office tomorrow once i'm done bringing michael to the nevada summer camp." he tells annie, his new fiancé, who was on the other line, he looks at michael, "oh look here's michael, well i gotta go." he tells her, "bye. love you."

"please don't tell me that while i'm gone she's gonna stay here." michael groans at the thought of annie, he didn't really like her. according to him, she just screams 'desperation', seeing that his dad was a successful wine dealer and is rich. not only that, he didn't want someone like her to be his mother figure.

"son, i know you and annie have some sort of misunderstanding. but i love her and you need to learn how to love her too as a mother. i don't want any bad blood within the family on the wedding." daryl reminds michael, the wedding was going to be on the end of the summer, which gave michael and annie a lot of time to get along.

michael rolls his eyes, daryl pats his arm, "hey right now, she's not important. what's important is you're going to that fun music camp you always talked about! and it's for eight weeks!" he smiles, michael grins slightly, "there, now that gloomy look is gone!" daryl laughs, "come on! let's go."

daryl wraps his arm around michael as the two make their way to the front door, "chelsey, take care of the house while i'm gone. okay?" he instructs chelsey.

"sure thing, d!" chelsey replied as she waved goodbye to the boys. the two exit the house and into the car.

"we got a long trip ahead of us, mikey." daryl said. "nevada is pretty far away." michael shrugs, "good thing i brought some trip essentials." he smirks as he brings out a flash drive, "this trip cannot be complete without some led zeppelin..." he starts to insert the drive into the radio until he is stopped by daryl's hand.