CHAPTER 1

Effie Hart looked over her shoulder just to be sure. As she expected the five teenage boys were still there. They tried to look casual but Effie thought they seemed out of place. She was sitting at the banks of the Hudson river after an argument with her mother about her school marks. Effie was furious; how could her mother expect good mark from an ADHD kid with dyslexia? She left the house and her feet led her here, a place she thought no one went. Except for these boys. They came here a few minutes after she came and they were whispering all the time. She wanted them to go away and leave her alone with her problems.

Suddenly a boy stood up and came in her direction. He had dark hair and sea-green eyes. He looked about 17 but Effie wasn't sure. He offered his hand and said;

"I'm Percy Jackson. Nice to see you again". Effie looked troubled at first but then the memory popped into her mind: the same boys standing outside her school looking for something.

"Effie Hart" she responded "You were outside my school yesterday".

"Hooray! My demigod detector works" yelled a boy from the group behind Percy.

"Shut up Leo, we aren't sure yet" said Percy.

"The demigod what?" Effie asked.

"Never mind" responded a boy with dark hair and eyes, all dressed in black

"So, Effie these are my friends; Leo Valdez, Nico di Angelo, Frank Zhang and Jason Grace" said Percy.

"Ok but who are you and what the heck do you want from me?" Effie said losing her patience.

"I still think the girls would have done a better jobwith that" muttered Jason.

"But I invented the demigod detector!" Leo cried.

"And the Praetor should see if it works" Frank said.

"Reyna is a Praetor too, Frank, while there is only one kid of the underworld" Nico exclaimed

"And only one son of Poseidon" Percy shouted so he could be heard over the others arguing.

"Shut up" Effie yelled as loud as she could. The boys stopped talking and looked at her. Effie didn't like much attention. At school she was mostly unnoticed by the other kid and she was happy that way. But now there was no other way so she looked at the boys with her eyes throwing flames and said;

"I'll ask the same question for the second time but there will be no third. What do you want?"

"You forgot about the who ..." Leo started saying before Percy shot him with a warning look.

Percy looked at Effie, staring into her big brown eyes and said;

"We are here to ask you a couple of question which might change your life".

"What do you mean..." Effie started saying when Jason interrupted her

"How old are you?".

"Oh, come on, how is this question supposed to change my life" Effie teased him but she responded either way "In 2 days I'll be 13"

"Are you ADHD or dyslexic?" Nico asked.

"Yeah, both" Effie muttered.

"And last but not least, with whom do you live?" Percy questioned.

"I... I live with my mum. My dad left her when she was pregnant and he returned to his country, Greece." Effie said and then she instantly asked herself why she had told all these things to a bunch of boys she barely knew. "But I trust these kids. I don't really think they can harm me" she thought.

The boys glanced at each other with a look of victory on their faces.

"I knew it, my demigod detector never makes mistakes" Leo said proudly.

"Drama Queen" Frank told him and they both burst into laughter.

Percy looked at Effie and said "Congratulations Effie, you are a Demigod"

"A what?" Effie asked troubled

"A Demigod" Nico responded "Your father was one of the ancient Greek Gods".

Author's Note:

Hello! That's the first chapter of my story. Hope you liked it! Comment and say you're opinion but please don't be rude!

~Elianna

Copyright Disclaimer: that's a fanfiction based on Rick Riordan's book series Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus. The only character I created is Effie Hart.