Trust me

After Artemis listed her many reasons for wanting to be a hunter of Artemis, they sat is silence. The silence was broken when Brian spoke up, "I think I have a plan." he started, Artemis nodded, "So we know my ex-coworkers took Nina, Jack, and Masky, and are looking for me. And if they found out about you, they'd try to get you too.", Artemis nodded, she already knew all this, "What if we let them catch us, found your family, and my friend, and then we break out?" Brian finished. Artemis was shocked, it seemed pretty risky, but it might work, and it was their only plan. Artemis nodded, "All r-right, but if we come u-up with a better plan, b-before we go with yo-yours, we can use i-it.", Brian nodded, that seemed perfectly reasonable. As they walked around, trying to find the road, Brian told her something, "You shouldn't tell them who your parents are, trust me. So just lie, I'll go along, or don't, if you feel like being held hostage to try and catch your dad.", Artemis didn't feel like being a hostage, so she decided to lie. Brian stopped, "Artemis?", " Uh, y-yeah?", "Do you trust me?", Artemis thought about that. Brian seemed a little mysterious, but she bet she seemed that way to him. He was helping her, being pretty nice, and hadn't done anything untrustworthy. Brian must have noticed her reluctance to answer, "It's fine if you don't.", that wasn't what she wanted him to think, that she didn't trust him. They saw a van driving down the road towards them, "That's them.", Brian said, he reached into his backpack and pulled out a black, cloth mask, with red eyes and a frown on it. He put it on and pulled up his hood, "Brian," Artemis started, he looked at her, "You're my friend, I trust you." she said, she had no clue how she said it without stuttering, but she did. She'd made a choice, she'd trust him.