Chapter 3

I walked into the cafeteria with $5 in my hand for lunch.

I was waiting in line to pay for my lunch when I heard someone yelling my name.

"Cameron! Cameron!" Oh gosh, it was Aaron. Josh was by his side, smiling at me.

I waved at them and tried to fake a smile. I mean, I like them and all, but sometimes I just needed a little space. Which they were not giving me. Especially Aaron.

I saw Josh point to the table next to them. His eyes were saying, "We'll be sitting here"

I gave him a thumbs up.

I payed for my hamburger and walked to the table Aaron and Josh were sitting at with a few other of their friends.

I sat down next to Aaron.

"Who wanted to see me?" I asked to him

"You'll see. They're still in the lunch line," he pointed behind him to the line of kids waiting eagerly to get their food.

"Ok," I said, becoming impatient

"Hi! I'm Alex! You must be Cameron, right?" Said a girl with long, dark brown hair, it was almost black.

"Uh, yeah! I'm Cameron, nice to meet you," I said and we shook hands.

"So, where'd you move here from?" She asked

"California."

"Oh my gosh! Seriously?! That's on the other side of the country! Why'd you have to move here? I mean, if you don't mind me asking," she said

"No, it's fine. My dad was looking for a job and here was the best offer he had"

"Ah"

"Hey guys," a familiar voice said from across the circular table.

I looked across the table and saw the girl I met in the hallway staring at me

"That's my friend who wanted to meet you," Aaron whispered in my ear.  "Her name's Jennifer."

            ~~JENNIFER'S POV~~

I saw the new kid staring at me from across the table.

"Hey," I said to him

"Hi," he said back, looking embarrassed.

"You remember me, right?" I asked him.

"Yeah, your the girl I ran into in the hallway," he said, with a look on his face that said, "Like I would forget"

"Ok, just makin' sure," I said.  "By the way, I'm Jennifer."

"Cameron," he said back.

Everybody at the table was staring at us. All of them looked like they were in awe or something.

"What?" I asked them

"Nothing," they mumbled and went back to their own conversations.

"Hey Jennifer?" I heard Alex ask. She was sitting next to Cameron. She mouthed something to me but I couldn't make out what she was saying.

"What?" I mouthed back

She mouthed the same thing again and added some hand motions. She knows I can't read lips.

"What?" I mouthed again

She groaned dramatically "Just come here!" She said out loud

"What?" I asked

"Do you want to switch spots," she whispered in my ear.

"Why...?" I asked, confused

"It seems like you two have some things to work out," she said pointing to me and then Cameron.

"Um, I guess so," I walked back to my seat with Alex behind me. I grabbed my lunch tray and walked over to sit next to Cameron.

"Hi," he said

"Hey," I said back

~~~

Hi guys! I'm so sorry for the slow updates! I'm just really busy with school, basketball, voice lessons and guitar lessons. I love you all! Thank you so much for all the views and votes on this story already.
Love y'all
~Allie