Ch.3

It had been three months after Steve went down with the plane. Howard told me that he just got in contact with us after borrowing a radio from someone that he met in a small town that had been helping him.
I couldn't believe that I would get to see Steve again.
I would get the chance to tell him that I loved him, and kiss him, and hug him. I couldn't wait I was so lucky. So many people lost their loved ones in the war. I thought I had lost mine, but he's coming back!
I waited patiently for news. It was surprising considering how inpatient I normally was combined with waiting for Steve.
"Hey Peg, he's back. It looks like he might need some medical attention, but I think he's going to be alright." Howard smiled at me.
I hugged him quickly and ran to see Steve. I was only minutes away, but I felt like I could still lose him. So I didn't waste any time.

I stopped, I saw him. I looked straight into his blue eyes and couldn't believe it.
He's really back.
He ran towards me it almost felt like slow motion. I brought my hand up to my mouth as a sob escaped. I was crying, I couldn't help it.
We were hugging. Steve felt so warm I loved hugging him. I smiled knowing that he was safe with me.
I stepped back to look at him and take it all in, then I leaned in and kissed his cheek. I whispered, "I love you" and he softly whispered it back.
I didn't want to let go of him with fear I would lose him again. " are you alright?" Steve asked. "Yes. I'm fine, it's just a lot to take in, I thought that I had lost you" I saw a tear run down his face. "I thought that too," he replied with a soft almost broken sound.
I heard people talking around us, that's when I looked up and jerked away from him. People were staring. I saw Steve's cheeks turn red, and I decided that it would be best to continue our reunion later.