Prologue

*Krystal's P.O.V*

   You know how they say to good to be true?, How nothing last forever? Well I saw the truth in that 3 years ago when I lost the most important thing in my life, my parents. They were on their way home from a business meeting and we were supposed to have the best day ever when they got back, they were gonna come home and my older sister Starling, and best friend Amanda and I were going to surprise our parents with a wonderful brunch. Amanda is my childhood friend and our parents all started the "Fearless Record" company together.

After brunch we would have went on a walk through the park since it was a beautiful fall day, then we were supposed to get ice-cream and then go see a movie, and last but not least have a bonfire in our back yard. Seems kinda perfect, huh? Yeah well I guess it was to good to be true, because that day is the day that Harley and Louis Knight died along with Rebecca and Emanuel Tina, that was the day that everything went downhill.

   Around two weeks later the funeral took place and we were all dreading to go, so many people were there, our parents friends, family, and even all the bands that our parents signed in the company.  It was a beautiful day, well as beautiful as it could get. It was nice and cool outside and the tree's looked picture perfect, the birds were chirping and the sky was clear. I would have been in awe if it weren't such a sad day. I remember all the tears that were shed and the flowers that were placed on the grave, roses and lilies. Both of our parents favorites.

    I remember how Starling could barely get her words out when she was giving her speech, because she was crying so hard. And why wouldn't she? She was a 16 year old girl, almost 17 and both Amanda and I were 11 at the time, we were all so young and we had lost our families. I remember how when we played our parents song I cried, because those songs were always happy songs and now they were playing at the saddest time. I remember when our friends from the company came up to us a said how sorry they were. And I remember going into my parents room when we were packing and crying, I remember when Starling came in a few minutes later and hugged me from where I was on the bed; and I remember falling asleep on it with tears kissing my skin as I thought about how we used to do that with our parents.

   After that Starling and I were forced into an adoption home since we had no other family, and Amanda went to live with her aunt who luckily lived nearby so we were all still close. It was so hard to cope with our parents being gone, especially with Starling; She tried to be the strong one, but I saw how bad she was hurting and I think that made it hurt even more knowing that this impacted her more than it did me. I mean I was really sad, like really sad and I still am, but Starling knew them four years before I came into the picture and she was always so close with them. It was terrible going to school and having the teachers constantly asking if you were okay and having the other students give you sympathetic looks as you passed them in the hall or sat down somewhere. 

   Life truly sucked then and it still does now, but it's much better now. I knew that one day it would stop hurting as much as it did and believe me when I say it took a long time. Starling, Amanda and I made it a tradition where every year on our parents death anniversary we would do what we planned to do the day they died, so every year on October 23 we all get together and make a huge brunch. We used to do it at Amanda's aunts, but now we do it at Starling house, our old house. After that we go for a walk through the park and look at all the beautiful fall leaves and enjoyed the nice cool weather, then we go out for ice- cream and go see a movie. We then go to the graveyard and sit at our parents grave for a few hours and talk about random things. Finally we go home and sit by a bonfire and talk about happy memories, even though we're all really sad. Then I go back to the adoption home, while Starling and Amanda go their own ways.

   Usually when I get back to my so called home I cry thinking about my family and how it would be different if they would have missed their flight or didn't even go on the business trip. But you can't change the past, and I am only hoping that things will move forward.

 And here we have it, I really hope you guys are enjoying this so far. please comment and vote!  Thank you for reading this, and I hope many of you will continue to. With all my love,

~Ellie <3

Goal: 4 votes and 5 comments

word count: 910

 Song of the day: November- Sleeping with sirens