Chapter 1

*Brad's POV*
New school, new teachers, new classes, new friends. It might sound nice for some teenagers, but for me, not so much. I was happy living at home with mom and dad but things started going down hill. More fights, drinking, fighting, shouting, screaming, running, saying goodbye. Long story short, I now live with my mum and her boyfriend. I don't want to get into much detail...not ready for that yet.
Have you ever been in a room full of people,but still feel so alone? That's practically my life summed up in a few words. No one understands, moms under a lot of stress, so I don't have anyone. My dad's gone and I can't talk to David, my step dad, and I don't know anyone from around this area.
I literally have like five t-shirts, two pairs of jeans and a few hoodies and a pair of runners with me. Mom wanted to get outta there ASAP.
Hopefully, I'll settle down, but if things go wrong I can stay with my real dad, but that's if all else fails. Mom really hopes I'll enjoy it here and make friends, but you see I'm not like most teenage boys. I'm shy, self-conscious, stressed, worried, depressed, the list goes on and on my friend.
I've been to guidance counselors, and therapy but they all say the same thing over and over again, "express your emotions!" "Tell people how you feel" "don't keep things bottled up" blah blah blah. I know its tough on my parents, I think that's part of the reason why we live on different sides of the world now, they couldn't handle me. But then again, do most teenagers feel the same as me? I tried to talk to my mum about it before but she burst out crying, so ever since I put on a brave face and pretended everything was OK, but obviously deep down it wasn't.
I'm still getting over a really bad breakup with my childhood sweetheart, Melissa, but that didn't go so well after I found her in bed with my best mate. Let's just say that she got pregnant and she wanted to keep the baby, but he didn't, so yeah, nothing went well for anyone. That's another part of the reason we moved, but that's a longgg story.
If someone said to describe myself in three words I'd say "emotional"
"distracted"
"fucked up"
That's all thanks to the support of my old high school. That was the best school ever. My favorite part of it is when I was being bullied they told me to grow up and get over it, as you can see they were very supportive. Hah as if.
But I love my mum, and I'm willing to do anything to try and make her happy, even if it includes killing my stepfather (which will definitely happen soon!!) I'll do it, because that's just the kind of person I am. Well to my mother anyways.
When I feel down, I take out my guitar and try and cheer myself up, unlike other teenagers and ya no..
I wear wristbands on my right arm, you can probably guess why.
But I'm trying to make it work, for my mum.