Chapter 4

When I arrived at the fair i was immediately enveloped in a hug by Ariel, I was so glad she found me, otherwise I'd probably aimlessly walk the fair grounds trying to find a hint of familiarity in the crowds of people. Ariel and I then proceeded to meet up with Ash and all there friends. I was nervous, I wasn't shy but I guess I wasn't a particularly social girl and being surrounded by people i don't know was a little nerving. Thankfully Logan and Dylan were a part of the group we met up with, which put me at ease somewhat. Ash was welcoming and hugged me upon seeing me, I wouldn't mind kissing him again but I know not to get my hopes up about it because like I said earlier it was only a casual thing. I was then introduced to the rest of the people with them, which eased the awkwardness that little bit more.

First up there was Scarlett, she was a very overwhelming person, I mean she was nice enough but very full on with her opinions and there was a hint of fake about her that I couldn't shake but I had no reason to dislike her. She had short brown hair with brown eyes, she had olive skin and wore a t-shirt that had a joke depicted it on it from a cartoon tv show i didn't watch. The next person I met was Sonja, she was so lovely, at the time she was one of the nicest people i had ever met just from one conversation. Sonja had grey eyes, short frizzy blonde hair and long legs. To show off her legs she had red tights on with a short frilly miniskirt and to match this she had a floral top. The last girl I was introduced to was Isla, she was quiet, shy i think. She had seriously long brown hair and green eyes, she was a beautiful girl. Isla was mysterious almost, it felt like there was a lot to her and she had barely opened her mouth to me.

The first of the boys I met at that time was Evan, he was full of energy but was full of charisma, he was very full of life, almost bordering on crazy, you could tell he was very smart, he had a certain wit about him. The last person I was introduced to was Leo. He was sitting with Evan and Ash when I was called over. Ash kindly introduced me to him, it was a little awkward as I could tell these three boys were extremely tight from what I gathered they had all been best friends since primary school.

Leo was tall, like extremely tall, he was at least 6ft3. He had longish dark brown hair and light blue eyes. He was a very attractive kid, it was obvious at first sight. You could tell Leo was a very social guy, after being introduced to me he seemed to be able to keep conversation going so easily, Leo from the first moment was someone that could get along with anyone. With a shameless smile on his face he turns to me and says,"Heard about the interesting slumber party you had, you and Ash really enjoyed it by the sound of it" ending it with a wink i felt my cheeks turn to the colour of Sonja's tights. Eager to not go down as the bashful girl and in an effort to make friends i countered with," Well it wasn't my typical sleepover but that didn't seem to really be a problem." Leo let out a soft chuckle before swiftly dedicating himself to a conversation with Ash over Sky Rim, which in the short time I had sat there with them seemed to be very much a shared love of Evan, Ash and Leo.

The fair was rather dry in what it had to offer, there was only so many times you could go on the three good rides there and I was starting to feel sick because of the one that spun around excessively. Eventually as a group we ended up sitting on the front oval in the final hour of the event just waiting for it to end. Leo turned to me with a genuine welcoming look washing across his face," Hey Keely, if you're not busy after this, you're more then welcome to come back to mine with a select few of the people here." My face lit up, its almost like the tribe had accepted me, I nodded in response," I would love to."

I sat between Leo and Ash, through out the time there, I don't even know if it was subconscious or not but I tired to start conversation with Ash and shockingly he was rolling with it most the time. Out of no where he turns to me,"There she is." he whispers, I look in the direction he was staring off into and thats when I saw here, Portia, she was quite pretty. Petite but curvy, she had the girl next door look to her, I could see why Ash liked her and how she captured his piercing blue eye's attention," She's beautiful" I murmured back, he turned to me with a sad smile etched across his face," Yeah I know" he said turning his head down to look at the grass beneath me. It was in that moment I knew we couldn't be anymore but friends that had a memorable start. Not too long after that exchange we headed off to Leo's adobe.

It was a short walk away from Tailswood High actually, legitimately just around the corner. As we were walking Evan let me in on the fact he just lived down the road from Leo. I envied them living so close to school, they could get up 20 minutes later then me in the morning as they didn't have to make a gruelling 20 minute walk to school 5 days a week.