Atkinson Spread Interview

Interview at Atkinson Spread

                I must say I feel a bit more confident about this meeting with Brody Atkinson than I did our first meeting. He is a man who inspires great fear and respect from everyone around him and you either love him or hate him. Thankfully he seems fond of me; of course that could simply be because Elizabeth told him to.

                Smiling I see the ranch in the distance and I speed my horse up just a bit. This large family is waiting for me. Even Thomas and Sally had made their way back to Texas and the ranch just for this interview. The sun is hot and the sweat is trickling down my brow. With a sigh I wipe it away and try to contain my excitement.

                I’m meeting the whole family! It will be intimidating with so many strong people around me at once but I’m hopeful that it will go well.

                Atkinson Spread is truly an impressive place. The new log ranch house is gorgeous and the barns and corrals sprawl out for acres and acres before giving way to the hills which stretch as far as the eye can see. As I dismount my horse, Frank is there and he smiles and takes the reins, “They’re waiting for you in the third barn.”

                “Thank you,” I tip my head. Frank says nothing else, simply walks away with my horse toward the first of the barns.

                My legs are shaking a bit as I walk toward the barn and then I’m distracted by laughter from one of the corrals. Following the sound, my eyes find the children playing happily. There are a bunch of them and they are laughing as they rope the calves.

                “I was told to come see where you were.”

                I jump ten feet in the air when a voice is suddenly behind me and I turn to see Nick appearing apologetic as he rubs at his neck and smiles, “I didn’t mean to scare you.”

                “I’m sorry for keeping everyone waiting,” I reply.

                “It’s no problem. Come on and we’ll get this started. I’m not looking real forward to being asked personal questions but Aiden insists I have to.”

                “Well thank goodness for Aiden. This is for the fans, Nick. The people who have read the story of your life and fallen in love with you and with the family.”

                “That’s what he said,” Nick grumbled.

                I fight back laughter, adjust the sack on my shoulder and smile up at him. He’s very handsome in a stern, stoic way with his gray eyes and sharp features, “Lead the way.”

                Entering the barn was just as overwhelming as I had imagined it would be. There they all are. Brody, Elizabeth, Aiden, Jacob, Ellie, Liz, Ty, Sally, Thomas, Susie, Ryder (who is currently walking back and forth across the shorter stall doors as if they are balance beams), Wendell, Kaitlyn and even Cookie is there.