eleven [last part]

so...this is the last chapter...hope you enjoy

+

a few months had passed since luke wrote his last letter, and he could honestly say that he felt a lot happier than before.

of course, calum's disappearence would always have a bad impact on luke and it would always make him sad, he knew hat he'd never be able to hear calum's sweet voice again and it broke his heart everytime he remembered it, he'd never be able to hug him again, his best friend. it felt like someone stabbed him with a knife several times in the heart, so he decided to at least try and not think about it.

it was hard, but he was satisfied with his choice.

or, well, he thought he'd never meet him again, or hear his voice, he thought he'd never be able to see him, but after the phone call, let's just say that everything turned around.

it was a late night when luke arrived at the hospital, his mum was with him and he coudn't stop shaking, this couldn't be happening. it just couldn't.

after talking to a few nurses along with a few polices about who they were and why they were there, they followed a police through some corridors, a few stairs and about ten minutes later, they were sat outside room 198.

and believe it or not, calum was in there and luke couldn't believe it, the boy he had been missing through the year was back, he had been found and he was alive. he was actually alive.
calum's parents were currently on vacation, but after getting the news they decided to take the next plane home to reunite with their son they had been missing for nearly a year and a half.

after waiting outside the room and listening to some poeple talking for thirty minutes, luke was finally able to go in, but oh, he was nervous. nearly scared.

"do you want me to come with you?" his mum asked quietly, but luke shook his head.
"wha-what if he doesn't remember me?" luke asked with a shaky voice, and a nurse quickly answered. "oh dear luke, the first thing he asked for was you."

after listening to a few 'rules' he was able to go in, but it took another three minutes for him to even look through the small window that was in the blue-ish door.

his heart exploded at the sight, there he was. calum was actually in there, this wasn't a joke, it was real and it wasn't a dream.

luke took an extremely deep breath before thinking about the situation as now or never, even if he knew that it really wasn't in that way.

he opened the door slowly and closed it behind him, deciding to look up from his shoes, he saw the dark haired boy sitting on the hospital bed and it didn't seem like he had noticed luke yet.
calum's bare arms were covered in bruises, so were his collarbones and also a few parts of his face, he looked dangerously skinny too, but luke didn't think about it that much because calum had noticed him, and was staring at him, tears filling his eyes.

luke cried too.
"lu-luke?" calum's voice was hoarse and broken, but you could still hear the softness along with the sweet parts, calum stood up from the bed and smiled widely, luke smiled too and rushed towards his best friend and they were hugging each other less than two seconds later.
none of them had ever hugged someone that tight, none of them had ever hugged someone for that amount of time.

calum cried into luke's neck and luke couldn't care less, 'cause he was hugging his best friend again after a year and five months, and he never thought he'd ever be able to do hat again, ever.

luke couldn't be luckier, his best friend was okay, they were reunited and in that moment, it didn't really matter what calum had been through, luke would get to know eventually but what mattered in that moment was how both realised how much they cared for the other and how much they really needed each other, it was either the two of them or no one and they knew it.

+

the end.

[not edited yet]

oh my god what did i just do did i just write that

i know that a lot of you probably want to know what happened to calum, and i've planned something but idk if it's even worth writing about since this story is actually finished...thank you for reading it and i might post an alternate ending or whatever its called...but only if you want to.

i hope you enjoyed reading this as much as i enjoyed writing it, thank you for 600+ reads and see you soon (:

COMMENT IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT CALUM'S DISAPPEARENCE OR IF YOU WANT MY SECOND IDEA OF ENDING