Chapter 21- Getting Better

Laura's POV

It turns out those weren't the only followers who had died.

Drew Sparks had died. Apparently there was a huge lightning strike that landed after. I didn't even notice. They said it was around the time when I was dealing with Jessica. Jessica, Anthony, Raven, Alex.  Jasmine had told me the story of the sacrifice.

She said she got chills, then it was as if she was moving on someone else's accord. The next thing she knew, she was watching the sacrifice. She tried to scream but nothing would come out, so she ran to try and stop them. She was late. She had watched her friends die, the muffled screams that they tried to shut out as they burned, orbs swirling around Apollo that were supposed to be used by the followers if everything went to plan.

It didn't. The three died, and Apollo was alive. Jasmine let out a scream of pure terror that inflicted fear on all monsters around them. (Courtesy of Phobus and Deimos' blessing) She had gone on a rampage after, and Jay had calmed her down when it was time.

The moment she said this, Jasmine's cheeks burned a bright red. I couldn't help but to wonder how he calmed her down. We spoke of the devil so he appeared, wrapping his arm around her waist. Jay seemed happy, with a goofy grin on his face as his hands sparked up.

I left the two alone and smiled a little. Only a little. As soon as I stopped smiling, I remembered what had just happened. Followers, campers, hunters, they had all died. The day after was slightly better than straight after the battle. As expected.

Everyone just needed time to recover. Especially the demigods who had been in all three wars. I felt incredibly lucky sorry, even though most of them wouldn't like the pity. I mean come on! You can't expect me not to. It's human nature.

I hadn't seen Jay and Jasmine in a while, but I wasn't worried too much, surprisingly. Jay was a wonderful guy, and he was smart too. He could build things like no other and had often times helped Leo build some of the things Beckendorf had planned to build. He was funny, which was something Jasmine was sure to love, but knew when to stop. He seemed like an all around amazing guy. But I have my eyes set on someone else.

"What are you thinking about?" Someone's arms went around me, hugging me from behind.

I quickly tensed, but soon relaxed when I figured out whose voice it was.

"Jasmine and Jay." I honestly replied.

"Hm. They seem to be hitting it off. Finally. Jay was like a puppy." Ryan scoffed jokingly, and I could practically hear his smile.

The weird thing is, known of us followers seemed to be to affected. We all had the ability to smile and still have fun. I think some of the campers wanted to kill us because of it. Maybe I should talk to Jasmine about our next trip somewhere...

"Really? Jasmine just thought he was an all around good guy. She was semi interested."

I shrugged, turning towards Ryan.

"I bet you they're already together."

"I don't disagree with you." I said.

"Well. How about we go somewhere?"

"Sounds good."

One of the things I love about being a follower, teleportation.

We were off and in Chicago in less than a minute.

Absolutely wonderful.

-

Jasmine and Jay came back a little while later. At least that's what I was told. Ryan and I were sort of kissing inside of the Willis Tower. Chicago is amazing. I may be a little bias because that's were I was born, but still. Who doesn't love pizza and ridiculously high buildings?

When Ryan and I decided to head back home, I mean camp, we arrived to most campers sat around a campfire. There were a couple guitar players and some singers, but most people just seemed to be enjoying hot chocolate and warm blankets.

Jasmine and Jay were next to each other, enveloped in a single big blanket with a wolf on it. Our "mother" had gotten the blanket for Jasmine a long time ago, I can't believe she still has it. More importantly, that she's holding hands with Jay. I'm so glad I agreed with Ryan.

"Is that hot chocolate?" Ryan asked the pair as I trailed behind him.

Jay nodded while Jasmine shook her head.

"Mine is coffee. I love coffee."

"Here. I'll go get you one." Jay said, moving from under the blanket.

Before he left however, he reached over to Jasmine and gave her a kiss on the nose as she closed her eyes and sighed in content.

After that, he disappeared. I looked over to Jasmine and she stared back.

"I really like him." She said shyly, her voice soft and quiet.

"And I really like her." Ryan said in the same tone.

I looked over at him and saw that he was facing towards me. I smiled and leaned in slightly to kiss him. Everything would turn out just fine. I'm absolutely sure of it. With the help of Apollo's warm personality and the sun shining bright, it's impossible for it not to work out in the end.

-

YAYYYYY!

You know, in one point in time I planned to make Jay die and have Jasmine be sort of like Reyna with the "no demigod will ever heal your heart" type of shiz, but then I was like let's not do that because Jay seems pretty nice.

I think it's pretty nice. The ultimate question though... What ship is better? Lyan or Jay & Jasmine.

(I don't have a ship name yet don't judge me.)

Well anyway, VOTE? COMMENT?

-

JAGTHI~ December 19, the day of parties.