Chapter 3

I finally got to see it up close again. The ocean. The blue waves crashed on the rocks which I swore I would never climb again. Stuborn Geezer. Geez, he only said yes after an eternity of wavering under pressure. Well, at least I got the results I wanted. Now the only thing left was to figure out who was my mysterious savior. Of course, I promised I wouldn't go out to far but I still got permission to swim, as long as it wasn't past eight o'clock.

With still two hours to go, there wasn't much time. All I could hope for was to go wondering in the deep blue with my scuba diving equipment. After an hour or so of swimming around, I had found nothing, only fish and corals that I'd seen a thousand times before. I started heading back to shore, and started thinking that my quest was a waste of time. I dropped down on the sand and took a water bottle from my bag. I drank until my throat didn't taste of salt anymore, which took a large amount of clean water to accomplish. Was finding this mystery person even possible, I didn't even remember the exact details of his face. At this point, I could think that any guy with blue eyes and black hair was that guy.

When I set the bottle down, I suddenly heard the sound of shifting sand from behind me. When I turned around someone was standing there. My first instinct was to believe it was my old man, but when I started to open my mouth thinking "It's not eight yet, I'll eat supper later," I saw it was a boy no more older than I. This beach was a pretty empty and quiet place since it was small and was hidden behind my neighbourhood. It was rare to see people here and this late? Maybe he'd come for the glorious sunset. This was the best spot in town after all.

But the thing that startled me more than his appearance at the beach, was his eyes. I couldn't see them too well from a far, but they were the same as that day. They were the only thing no other guy would have. This guys blue eyes made you think of moving waves, as if they would swallow you up at any moment.