Chapter 3

"Guren said that they would be here" Norito lead us up the stairs to the roof of a building near the border.

Oh god I'm nervous, I don't know why but I am

We reached the top of the stairs and everyone stopped at the door.

Shigure turned around and faced me. "Are you okay Aria-san"

I nod and take a deep breath.

This is it. We are all going to be together again

"I'll go in first" Norito opens the door and leads us out. "Aye, everyone! Look at who we bumped into on our way here"

I was at the back of the group but everyone in the squad moved aside. I slowly walk to the front of the group with my head down. I look up to see Guren with a confused face, Shinya's eyes are ready to pop out of his head, and Shinoa and Mitsuba are between the two of them with three boys about there age behind them.

"Yo, Guren what's going on?" the boy with black hair and green eyes asks.

"Hi everyone" I wave awkwardly.

"Ari, is that really you?" Shinya takes a step towards me in disbelief.

"It really is" Norito grins, slinging his arm around my shoulder.

"Ari-san" I look away from Shinya and fix my gaze at Shinoa and Mitsuba. Both of them still in shock.

I open my arms, signaling for a hug from the two. The two girls tackle me to the ground, both having a strong grip on my uniform.

"Don't ever leave us again" Mitsuba cries into my uniform.

"Oi Guren! Are you gonna leave me hanging?" The boy with the black hair asks again.

"She trained Shinoa and Mitsuba. She was apart of our squad... She was captured by those vampires..." Guren trail off.

Mitsuba and Shinoa crawl off of me and help me back up on my feet.  I slowly walk up to Shinya. Out of nowhere, he pulls me into his arms.

"I knew you were alive" he whispers in my ear. "I just knew it" he repeats. He releases from the hug and looks at me, still trying to take process the situation.

"Nice to have you back Aria" Guren approaches me and pats my back. "It hasn't been the same without you"

"Thanks, Guren" I give him a cheeky smile.

"Um, Ari...." I turn back around to face Shinya. He reaches out his hand and opens his fist to reveal my sword.

"M-my weapon!" I exclaim. "I thought I lost it"

"Well, Shinya over here went back to look for you" Guren confessed.

"Thank you Shinya" I pull him back in for another hug, but quickly let go from embarrassment. 'What am I doing?!? I can't be clingy. A lot of time has gone by, I'm not sure if he has a new girl in his life or if he still cares about me'

"Hey, Shinoa, why don't you introduce me to your squad" I suggest at her.

"Of course" she gleamed. "This is Yuu, Yoichi, and Kimizuki. Oh and Mitsuba is also apart of MY squad"

"I should be the squad leader." Mitsuba pointed out and crossed her arms.

"Hm? How about we fight it out right now" Shinoa teases.

"Sure" Mitsuba brought out her weapon. Shinoa quickly follows, summoning her scythe.

"Gosh, I guess nothing has changed since I've been gone" I laugh as I hear the sound of their weapons clash. "I guess I get to use my sword again sooner than expected". I brought out my sword, feeling its familiar grip. "Hey, why don't you guys go against me? I wanna see if Guren and Shinya have taught you anything useful when I was gonna"

"Aria no, you're already weak and hurt" Shinya steps in.

"I'll be fine Shinya"

"Shinya have you forgotten how scary little Ari-chan can be" Guren chuckles.

I raise my sword up to the side of Gurens neck. "Who are you calling little ?" I ask.

"Hey, no need for violence and stop with the death glare" Guren surrender putting his hands up in the air.

I turn back around and face Shinoa and Mitsuba. "Now girls where were we?"

"Actually Ari-san we're okay," Shinoa say nervously. "Arent we, Mitsu?" Shinoa faced Mistuba and gave her a look, pleading her to play along.

"Uh yeah, we're okay now" Mitsuba nods, giving me a forced smile.

"That's good," I say as my sword disappears.

"She doesn't look like it but trusts me she can be scary when she wants to be" Guren warns the boys in Shinoa's group.

"HEY! I can hear you!" I yell at him