Chapter 23

Aria's POV
"Where do you think you're going?" a voice behind me asks as I open the front door.  
I turn around to see Shinya leaning against the frame of our bedroom door. "Just getting some fresh air" I say. My voice cracks right in the middle giving away the fact that I was lying.                        "At 5am? Because you're an early bird and just looove waking up in the morning and hearing the birds chirp" Shinya's voice was drenched in sarcasm. "I know you're going out to find Kris. If you're doing that then I'm coming with you, I'll get the team together if I have to".                                     "Was my plan that obvious?" I scratched the back of my neck, embarrassed at the fact that I was so predictable.
"Is the grass green?" He raised an eye brow.
"Well actually its yellowish because it's dry"
"Could you not let me have that one" Shinya groaned as he entered the bedroom to get dressed.
Shinya got dressed and we made our way to the city walls.
"Are you really going to do this with me" I looked at Shinya as we walked through the city wall.
"I married you for a reason" Shinya's tone was serious. He looked ahead and continued "I've told you before, I don't want to lose you again. You have no idea what I went through while you were gone...what I went through because you left..." he stopped and looked at the ground for a moment. "Aria, go back" Shiny looked up at me, more serious than ever. "Go back this isn't safe, I'll find them and bring Kris back. I'm not going to risk this again."

"Oh, you won't have to do any finding" a dark figure approaches us.

Shinya pushes me behind him and brings out his weapon. "Aria, now" Shinya whispers to me.

Ferid's figure now becomes clear as he comes closer to us. "No point in whispering" he sings. "I have what you want. You can have him, he's useless to me now" Ferid laughs.

Kris appears behind Ferid, covered in burns and scars.

"Kris!" I run up to him immediately. He falls into my arms, he clearly hadn't been fed in days.

"Aria I got him". Shinya props him up with one shoulder and gives me the signal to head back through the wall where it is safe.

"Ferid, you think yo-" but by the time Shinya was in mid sentence Ferid was gone. "That was way to easy... he must have a plan... we'll discuss this more once we get back to the city"

Authors note: I hope you all enjoyed! Please comment! Share ur thoughts and give me ideas on what you think should happen next!