And He's Dead

Kozik smiled as he looked over at Dani. He'd never actually seen her sleep before, she never slept with him in the room. She hated it. Her arms wrapped tightly around the pillow that her head rested peacefully on, the sheet laying wrinkled down on her waist revealing her bare torso. Even though she was lying so that her chest was against the bed Kozik still couldn't believe how badly her body made him want her. Even without her looks, he'd still want her for her pouty lips, and sly little smirk. For her sarcastic quips, fiery attitude, and her loyalty. She'd never once let the club or any of its members down. If she said she was going to be there, she was there, no matter the costs.

She looked vulnerable, her usually well-guarded and strong presence was gone. She was just a small girl, from a small town. She rolled over, landing on Kozik's chest. "What the fuck?" she mumbled sleepily, shocked by the warmth of a person, before opening her eyes. "Shit, I'm sorry." she muttered and slipped out of the bed. "Hey, come back to bed. It's barely seven." Kozik sighed. She stayed quiet, unsure of what to say. She quickly got dressed and went into the bathroom.

Kozik sighed, "Oh she's gonna kill me." he chuckled to himself. Kozik quickly got ready and followed her out. He soon found her outside, leaning against an old oak tree with a coffee mug in her hand. "Hey." he said softly, his signature smile plastered happily across his face. "Morning, Koz." she sighed, a bitterness to her voice that gnawed at Kozik. "What's wrong, baby?" Kozik asked, his smile disappearing.

"I don't think we should do this." she murmured into her coffee. "Dani." Kozik let out a defeated sigh. "Why does it keep coming back to this?" Kozik asked, his voice cracking with frustration. Dani stayed quiet, continuing to sip her coffee. "Say something." he begged, and her head fell forward with embarrassment. She turned and looked at him, "I don't want to get close with you, I don't want to feel things for you. I want to stay alone." she said, her knuckles turning white from her unrelenting grip on the mug.

A look of realization washed over Kozik, "I'm not Hap, or your dad, or your brother, I'm not Kyle. I'm not going anywhere, you've never been that good on your own, you don't want to be alone." Kozik said slowly. Dani's face contorted with anger, "Stop it, Kozik." she snapped. "You're trying to push me away, because you think I'll stay until you get attached and then I'll split. I'm not going anywhere, I'm yours." Kozik sighed and she shook her head. "It's a bad idea. Tig'll kill us." she tried to give him a reason. "That doesn't matter, baby." Kozik insisted.

Kozik slipped his arms around her and pulled her close, and kissing her. She kissed back, pulling him closer. Then people started cheering with cat calls and wolf whistles and other obscene comments. Dani laughed into the kiss and Kozik just smiled at her. "It's about damn time that we can finally stop having to listen to him whine about you!" Donut shouted over the cheering and Kozik flipped him off.

Dani's phone began to ring and she answered it, listening intently. After a few moments she stuffed the phone back into her pocket and turned to Kozik. "I gotta go. I'll be gone for a few days." she growled. "What do you mean?" he asked, frowning. "My brother's dead." she snapped and got on her bike before tearing out of the lot.

-

"Hello?"

"I'm looking for Herman Kozik."

"Speaking."

"There's been an accident, you should get down here right away."

-

When Kozik arrived at the busy hospital just outside of Montana, he wasn't ready for what he was about to see. "Where the fuck is she?" he demanded from the detective that was blocking the door. "You need to calm down there, Doc wants to talk to you before you go in." the detective told him. Soon the doctor walked over, "Are you Mr. Kozik?" the doctor asked. "Yeah. Yeah. Just tell me what's going on, no one will tell me what's going on." Kozik was frantic.

"Ms. Revings was in a drunk driving accident. A semi-truck driver swerved and slammed into her. She's very lucky to even be alive, I don't know how she made it, but she's in a sort of comatose state, however she was mumbling your name, so we called you here. What exactly are you to her?" he asked.

"I'm her boyfriend, can I see her now?" Kozik asked and they let him in. "Shit, Dani." he breathed when he saw her. She was hooked up to all kinds of machines with tubes and all kinds of things coming out of her. He called SAMCRO to let them know that their girl was practically dead, and they said they'd be there soon.

The next morning Happy, Jax, Tig, Bobby, and Chibs burst into her room. Kozik had his chair pushed up next to the bed and had been asleep holding her hand until the sound of them coming in woke him up. Happy grabbed Kozik by his kutte and slammed him against the wall. "What the hell did you do to her?" he growled. "What the hell are you talking about? She laid her bike down coming back from Montana! Johnny's dead!" Kozik said with wide eyes, not knowing what Happy would do to him. "The kid's dead?" Happy asked and set Kozik down. "Yeah. She got a call saying he was dead and took off then I got a call saying she was in a coma." Kozik explained.

"Jax, that wasn't a fucking accident." Happy breathed with panic in his eyes. "The guy driving the semi was drunk." Kozik said, a confused expression on his face. "Nah, Dani couldn't handle Johnny dyin' on her watch. I guarantee you the she saw the semi and went straight for it." Happy sighed.

Then the monitors started beeping like crazy and Dani's eyes were open and she was clawing at her throat, choking on the feeding tube. "Get a nurse!" Happy shouted and rushed over to her side. "Hey! Hey! Calm down, kid! You're okay! It's okay! Relax!" he shouted at her and grabbed her hands to keep her from trying to yank the tube out. "Dani, stop it, girl. Calm down." Happy growled at her as he pinned her hands down. The nurses came in and sedated her and took the tube out.

She woke up a few hours later. Chibs, Bobby, Happy, Tig, Jax, and Kozik were all asleep. Happy was holding her hand and she shook him awake.