Chapter 3

Zayn's POV

"Zayn? Zayn Malik?"

I raised my hand, announcing "I'm here, ma'am."

The drama teacher clapped her hands together, smiling at me. "Oh, good, you came in at the perfect time. We are just starting our new spring musical auditions."

"Oh," I replied. "I'm more of a backstage, set-building type person."

"Alright, just sit back and watch people perform then," replied the teacher, leaning forward in the chair.

I nodded, leaning back in the auditorium seat in the back row, settling in to watch everybody.

"Hey, why aren't you auditioning?"

Turning, I caught the sight of the most beautiful blue eyes I had ever seen.

"Uh-erm. I'm more of a, uh, backstage person?" I said it as a question.

She giggled, her eyes lighting up beautifully. Flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder, she looked toward the stage. She held out her hand.

"I'm Perrie," she introduced herself, smiling.

I took her hand, returning the smile. "Zayn. Why aren't you performing?"

"Oh, I am! I'm just waiting on my girls to finish getting ready. I'm in Dance, so we all have to perform in sync with each other for the backup dances," she explained, waving her hands around with a flourish.

I kept my eyes trained on her, watching her every move, mesmerized. She was beautiful.

"Oh!" Perrie stopped in the middle of her explanation, which was good because I hadn't heard a word she said. "The girls are ready! Catch up with you later, Zayn!"

With a small wave of her fingers, she bounced off toward the stage.

"Good luck!" I called after her.

"Won't be needing it!" She laughed back.

(A/N Hey guys!!! Hope you are liking it so far haha. Comment! I LOOOVE hearing what you guys think!)