The Walk Home

I was clutching the pepper spray inside my purse as I tried to walk as quickly as possible. I could hear a few splashes as I stepped in the puddles from last night's rainfall. I was the only person on the streets beside a few cabs that pulled past me splashing water on my already wet pants. 'They really need to fix these streetlights' I murmured as I kept walking on towards my house which was quite a few blocks away. Yeah, thanks mom for telling me to go home but not giving me a ride. Plus Bree's parents weren't home. She has the coolest parents and they would have given me a ride home instead of letting me walk home in the freezing cold in the dark. As I was walking I stared down at my boots noticing my shoelaces are untied. I looked up as I turned the corner to a street I always use as a shortcut to my house. Well, bad idea. Keep in mind not to walk on a basically abandoned street alone in the dark. Just as I looked up, I noticed a shadow in front of me move around, coming closer to me but swaying like a pendulum. He looked drunk. It was not an unusual sight around my neighborhood but this one scared me. I kind of had a strange bad feeling that said, turn around, Casey and run. I tried to remember what Brianna told me. I clutched the pepper spray in my right hand and tried to act casual as I turned to walk the other way. I turned the corner trying to move towards my house as fast as possible and I tried not to look behind me. I only stopped for a split second to listen whether there are any other footsteps besides mine.

Nothing. Complete silence.

I sigh a little in relief and continue to walk the long way home.

*Guys for whatever reason it is you're reading this I am so happy thank you thank you! Please vote, tell your friends, and follow if you want more! If you have any ideas for continuing this or another story, please let me know in the comments! ^.^*