Chapter 1

If I forgot to mention, I am currently residing in a psychiatric ward, an asylum of a sort. I was only 14 when I was admitted to a psychiatric ward to deal depression completely under 24/7 surveillance to see that I wasn't going to commit suicide. I have been here for a year and three months, and guess what... I haven't touched a blade for most the time I spent here. Good news is I'm going to be released in a couple of days, then bad news is I'm going back to school the following week. My family has never had a single doubt that I'd ever get better. Although, I'm afraid I might not be able to put myself back on track in society again.

In Cathia Haven, the mental hospital I am in, its pretty strange world to live in. I have never stepped foot outside of the perimeter since I set foot into the facility. There was the occasional screaming in the night, tiny footsteps in the hallways and creepy weirdos staring at me from across the hall, but it felt like home. Well, it was my home for about a year and three months. My room was simple, it looks like a normal hospital room just without the medical instruments hanging around, and I wasn't strapped to the bed with a needle.

I'm in the safer wing of the hospital; the saner, self-hating, at-least-I-don't-kill-others side. Yes, we share a facility with actual psychos. I would consider myself 'alright', I'm just shutting myself from the world. The hospital has been nice, and I really did enjoy myself here. I was given quite a spacious room; I had a loft bed and it screams amazing. The walls were a Columbia blue wallpaper, there were white boxes of shelves that consists of all my novels and DVDs. There was a television set, and I was also given a laptop, although there is a certain limit for TV and Internet use. I have a little couch, and sometimes I lay down there for hours when I'm doing nothing because the cold floor strikes at the skin and it is very comfortable to lie on. The whole place was home to me.
Of course, I have made friends. I slowly opened to a few people after I started talking again and they gave me a warm welcome, also helping me adjust and live as freely as possible in Catha. Even some of the nurses I have befriend, I'm just sad that in a few days I will be leaving Catha. I will miss my counseling sessions, I will miss my crazy Friday movies nights with my friends, the midnight snacks my nurse friends used to smuggle in for me, and I'll especially miss my guardian nurse. Wesley, whos in college, has the afternoon-dawn shift as a volunteer. He often sleeps in my room and wakes me up from nightmares so he stepped in the brotherly role when Christian is absent. Family visits are only three hours a week.

Sometimes Christian is jealous of the relationship between Wesley and I, I find it hilarious that they compete for my attention. I really love spending time here in Catha. but that chapter of my life is closing in a few days. Then the day came when my family arrived to help me pack, I never knew it would come so fast.

"Are you nervous about today?"

My brother Christian was arranging my clothes in the luggage; he neatly folded each shirt and trousers and nicely placed them inside. It's been a while since I've seen him, so his hair was getting longer and I failed to remind him to get a haircut. Although, I like the length because it made him look hot.

"I guess so.... You need to get a haircut, by the way, it's getting so long Christian"

"What do you mean by, 'I guess so'?"  he paused, brushing his shaggy fringe away from his forehead but then he shrugged when it flopped back to its original place.

"I mean, I'm stepping back into the real world. I'm nervous, because everything's changed and it's not like I could go out. Plus, I'm returning from a mental hospital, I'm pretty much a freak" I sighed in frustration and slapped a t-shirt onto the suitcase.

"You're not a freak Dia, you're special" he raised an eyebrow to prove he was serious, but he spoke in a soft tone. He smiled at me and I blushed.

He flipped his brown hair, his caribean blue eyes were so enchanting and his pale white skin was toned quite brightly. His muscles are awfully big, like Matthew's. his lips are perfectly curved with a slight of pink.