three. ever enough

day three: write a scene where your favorite song is playing in the background

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

ever enough

no i'm never gonna leave you darling / no im never gonna go regardless 

THE SONG has started. Everybody stares as Ella and Ted take the dance floor for their bridal waltz. A live band is playing their song. It  was the ninth of June, 2008.

everything inside of me is living in your heartbeat 

TED PULLS Ella closer to him and they dance along the lyrics.

even when all the lights are fading / even then if your hope was shaking / i'm here holding on 

ELLA SMILES at Ted. And her smile is shining with all the lights hanging above them.

i will always be yours / forever and more

TED SINGS along softly. He sings out the lyrics, his promise of love and faith, to Ella.

i still drown in your love / and drink 'til i'm drunk

"I LOVE YOU, ELLA." He says quietly and Ella was close to tears as she smiles at him. She leans her head on his shoulder and closes her eyes.

i'm hanging on a line here, baby / i need more than if's and maybe's

ELLA ROTH was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes on the twenty-ninth of February, 2004. Ted Jackson was heartbroken knowing that her time is limited and short. And he can't bear to lose her.

we'll come down from the highest heights / still searching for the reason why 

THEY WENT out to see the world. An escape. From the needles and and the smell of death of the hospital, from her mother's protective grasp and from the world itself.

and now i know what it's like / wishing from the other side / after all that i've done

"MARRY ME, ELLA." He spoke the words as they drive and drive on a long and dirty road. She looked at him, his eyes focused on the road, and smiled.

"I will."  She said quietly as she put her hand on his and looked at the disappearing trees and birds outside her window.

for all that it's worth, is it worth it? / how de we know without searching?

"IT HURTS, TED." Ella cries on his shoulder.

"I know, Ella. I know." Ted traces small circles on her back.

"Don't let them take me away from you." Her tears fall on his shirt.

"I won't, Ella. I'll never let them take you." His promise, a broken promise.

i will write you this song / to get back what's ours / will that be enough?

ELLA ROTH died of diabetes on the nineteenth of August, 2012.

Ted Jackson is heartbroken as he lies alone on the unmade bed of his and Ella's. It still smelled of her, the smell of sweet jasmine and of bitter death.

i will always be yours / forever and more 

TED JACKSON kept his promise even if Ella Roth is gone. His promise of love and of faith to her. And it will never be broken.

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

dedicated to erika because she understands.