Prologue.

I was already shaking, god damn, could I be any more nervous for tonight? Come on Leer, you can do this. This is the moment you've been waiting for, you're very first and very own gig. You've put the effort in, you have the image and the talent, I just need to prove it now...
"Lyric? You're on kid, walk up behind the curtains, on the white X in the center and wait for your cue, trust me you'll know what it is." A stage hand with headset, clipboard and all the getup said through the door with a sweet and soft voice, obviously female.
I took a deep breath and shakily smiled at my mom, and my friends that showed up.
"I'm so proud of you Lyric, you've worked so hard for this, and now it's finally paying off. I love you to pieces honey, got out there and knock 'em dead! We'll all be watching. Even dad..." She paused slightly and looked up, quickly back down to me and continued. "...Best seat in the house he has."
The rest of them just smiled at me happily and beaming with pride for me, they were all so happy for me, the best support team anyone could ask for honestly. Love them all to death, that'll never change.
I made my way out of the room, and down what seemed like but wasn't really a maze of hallways until I found the curtains. I stepped out onto the X and was attacked by stage hands. They put a bit of make-up on me to get me ready, while one attached my mic to my ear and made sure it was in good enough position for me to sing. I thanked them with a little mouse like squeak as they let me go. Then... The moment I've been waiting for all my life... Was now...