Chapter 1: Let Me Introduce Myself.

Wait, wait, wait. Let's take a step back for a second, I can't just throw you into a situation like that. Not without any background, not without any details or anything I can. Let's start over. My name's Lyric Rose, now I know what you're thinking... "isn't that a bit of a girly name?" And the answer would be... Well, it'd be yes. But my dad was a composer, and my mom worked at a theater all her life, what do you want? I'm honestly lucky I'm not named after an actual instrument, Trombone Rose, at your service... Enough to make me cringe. I'm pretty young, I'm 17 years old at this point, so I'm mature, but still getting there in many, many ways. But I do have a gift, I have my dad's knowledge and expertise when it comes to performing, reading and producing music, plus some of his connections that were close with my mom too. And then I have her lungs, combine that with both of their confidence levels, and I guess you can say I was born into this.
I've been doing little shows here and there for a long time now it seems. I was in every talent show we had at school, even from a little one. I sing at the restaurant I work at, so I mean I'm already getting paid for it, can definitely be doing worse for myself. And every once in a while a friend will ask me to sing at a party or something. I've been told I have a knock-out voice and I'm damn proud of it. I am so in love with the idea of music, being able to escape into a mass world where the words you sing are more important than the actions you make. Where you belt out your feelings, you put down on paper the words that make you, you and the passion you can unleash as the words lift you up or tear you down... Simply amazing.
I have so many musical inspirations it's not even funny, but I can name you my top four for some reference.
My first inspiration is Frank Sinatra, damn can he take me to other places with that voice. He's the proof that if you actually use your voice, you can go down in history. He's the definition of a golden voice and I don't think many can match him. "Somewhere, beyond the sea, somewhere waitin for me..."
Green Day, my favorite band of all time, without a doubt, they're an inspiration for many reasons. They're basically the proof that you need to be daring, Billie Joe Armstrong is perfect proof of say what you want, do what you want and then be famous for it haha. Not everyone gets put into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. "Do you know what's worth fighting for, when it's not worth dying for...?"
Twenty One Pilots is another great inspiration to me. Josh and Tyler write masterpieces with every song they make, I personally love more than ninety percent of them. I just love how unique and different they are. They don't right about sad things, they write about the feeling of being sad. As good as my life seems or should be, I still suffer from depression, man have they helped me through all of it. "Thank god it's Friday, cause Fridays will always be better than Sundays, cause Sundays my suicide day..."
I guess I'll drop in a pretty easily guessed fourth band. Well maybe not, you barely know me still. Another great inspiration in my life, All Time Low. Surprised? Either way, they're a big influence on me. Not only do I love and admire the emo scene, I love Jack's voice, image and style. He's pretty damn fantastic. "Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gunna be my year..."
So let's go over my background I guess. I'm a lover of people who use their voice. But I love a band behind me, I love the idea of being a family, but until I find mine I'm going to need and try to make my mark on my own. I have an emo charm I guess. I have the dark black hair in my face, half over one of my eyes more so than the other. I like black clothes, band bracelets and a few piercings. One in my ear and one... Maybe two in my bottom lip. I nearly sponsor vans with the beat up blue pair I've had for a long time now. And when I'm not decked out in all black, I have this long sleeve red Blurryface shirt I love too much. And I will always have an earbud in if not both.
Once again my name is Lyric Rose. And it won't be the last time you hear my name. And won't be the last time you see it, especially with bright flashing lights around it...