Chapter One: Escaped

I ran. It was the only sensible thing I was able to do.  The loud monsterous growls erupted behind me.  My bare feet, frozen aginst the ground, were going numb in the pure white fluffy snow.  I heard every snap of the twigs around me, every bird in the disstance flying away; what he said was not possible.  I was nothing like him. I wasn't a monster. The nasty smelling beast was gaining on me, but something in my head was yelling at me to keep going, to never give up. 

I could now feel his hot breathe breathing aginst my neck. Immediatly all the hairs on my body arose.  But, I willed myself to keep moving ahead.  I then heard the rushing of powerful water and knew that we were near the man-killing waterfall.  Every footstep became in sync with my feet heavily pounding against the powdery snow.  I could now see the beautiful waterfall ahead. 

Then the chase stopped.  I had arrived at the edge of the waterfall.  I look back and see the tall, grey wolf as tall as me standing there. As I watched the monser intenly, I soon  heard the cracking and the breaking of bones and muscles.  I watched before my eyes the wolf change into the man I once loved. 

Clyde was once my everything, he was always so sweet, caring, and supportive.  He was always there when I needed him, whenever I would shed a tear he would always be there. 

It all changed when he turned eighteen.  He became more aggressive, more possesive of me like I was just an item.  He kept saying that he would always hate that I wasn't his "mate".  I never could find out what that meant. 

But, now looking at the beast; everything I ever learned about wolves came flashing back.  No, I wansn't his. I never will be. 

Clyde's foot contacted with a twig snapping me out of my current flashback.

"Now that we are done playing cat and mouse, why don't you just walk right over," he grinned at me, " If you can't be mine, I'll kill you on the spot."

"I'd rather die than be with you!" I screamed out.

"That can be arranged," he growled back.

"You're right it can," I grinned back.

Before I can even think through the consequenses, I jump backwards where the darkness is waiting for me and I'm welcoming it with open hands.