Chapter 2 - The Truth

Avia's POV:
I rested my head on moms lap, feeling dazed from the painkillers. The Doctor was bringing a form for mom and dad to sign me out for the night. I closed my eyes and was surrounded by the comforting warmth of mom's arm.
I woke up on the couch, my stomach was churning. I grabbed the bucket sitting by my head and threw up. When I'd finished mom and dad came and sat by me.
"Avia" dad said, he had a look of fear in his eyes like he was dreading something.
"Yes dad?" I asked curiously.
"You have cancer" dad replied, his eyes filled with tears. Mom grabbed dads hand reassuringly.
"You have a cancerous brain tumour baby" dad whispered, a small tear rolled down his cheek, splashing onto my leg. He quickly wiped his face and gave me a comforting smile, "but we'll get through this, together."
He put his hand in mine and squeezed.
I couldn't hold it in. I cried. Dad pulled me into a hug but it didn't work, only made me cry more and more.
"I want to tell my siblings and the viewers." I said, rubbing my eyes.
Dad called Gavin and Emmj down, he said he'd explain it to Brock later and Daxton was too young to understand. Gavin came down first, a worrying look on his face. A few minutes passed by until Emmi skipped downstairs with a smile. My heart shattered as I realised I would break her happiness into a thousand little pieces.
I grabbed moms hand and began, "as you know I went to the hospital today. The Doctors did tests and they found out I have." I couldn't continued, as hard as I tried that word wouldn't come out. Cancer. I collapsed into moms lap, creating a puddle on her skirt.
"Avia has cancer." Dad proceeded to say.
Straight away Gavin wrapped his arms around me and whispered into my ear, "be strong." I sniffled into him.
Emmi briefly knows what cancer is; it's an illness that you can die from and it's very serious.
Her smile turned to a look of fear. "Is she going to.to die." I whined out, the thoughts going through Emmi's head were killing me.
"No, no she'll get through this."
Dad sounded uncertain.
Emmi broke down into my arms, forcing me to the ground, wailing, screaming. My heart ached for Emmi I wanted to take her pain away, oh i really did.
When things had begun to calm down, I told Gavin and Emmi to go upstairs for a while. I signalled for dad to get the tripod. I was sat in the middle of mom and dad.
Beep.
'As you guys know, I've been really sick this past week. We went to the doctors today and he sent me for tests at the hospital and it turns out I have.' I took a deep breath, 'it turns out I have cancer, a brain tumour.'
By this point salty tears were dripping into my mouth. I ran upstairs, wanting one last day of normality.