Hot Shower

It feels like eternity fills the room.

Eventually, though, a group of people enters the room. First an older man, with crutches and half a leg. Followed by a girl with shoulder length hair, the Asian dude, a guy with curly, sweaty hair, and a few others.

"This is her." the Asian guy says.

"She seems harmless." the girl with short hair says.

"That doesn't mean anything. How do we know we can trust her?" The Asian argues.

"We don't," the man with curly hair says, "but we have to give her a chance."

"How can we do that? We can't pout a leash on her."

"We could have people escort her!"

"Who wants that job?"

"I could do it."

"What if we can't trust her? She already knows where we are."

"Then we all know what needs to be done."

"Enough!" the old man finally interjects. "We can't just let her appearance and our own insecurities determine her fate."

"Then what do you suggest, Hershel?" the Asian asks.

"We interrogate her." the man with dirty curly hair says simply. See? That wasn't that hard, people.

"Where are you from?" the old man asks. I, however, am so interested in the argument, I forget they're talking about me.

"Huh? Oh," I blink, "um, Atlanta."

"What brought you to the prison?"

"A rude redneck." I state simply.

"We know Daryl brought you. Why were you looking for the prison?" he asks, ignoring the slight chuckles among the 'council.'

"Well, I was alone, and I saw the sign, and I drove down the road. But my car broke down, so I started walking, and there was a fork in the road, and I'm pretty sure I took the wring path because it was all grown over. Then I encountered the rendeck." I explain a little too lengthy.

"Why were you alone? Surely you've had a group?" he suggests.

This question almost pains me. I had friends, even a flirtfest. But they all leave you cold-heartedly. "They left me." I explain for the second time today.

"Why?" the curly haired man now steps forward.

I laugh awkwardly before answering, "I, uh, didn't wash the dishes."

They all look at me for a moment. "Really?" the Asian says.

"Yeah." I nod.

They all exchange glances, before exiting the room.

"Hey!" I call off. "Hey, come back! You can't just leave me here!" Nobody even looks back. They are gone out of sight before a minute passes, and, once again, I'm alone in this retarded cell.