Chapter 3

Cecilia's P.O.V

"You are absolutely wonderful Miss. Cooper. Doing all of this and giving dead beat people an actual life and making them millionaires. It's a wonder to me how you manage to do it." Mrs. Ramirez said.

"Well I don't really consider them dead beats, Mrs. Ramirez. Everyone deserves a chance whether it's second, third, or even last. There's always good in people. I just have the heart to notice it unlike most people." I said smiling sweetly to her, but we both know it was a backhand comment. We both hate each other, but tonight I am showing her sons artwork and so she decided to act like the supportive mother we both know she isn't.

"Well if you'll excuse me, I must find my husband." She said and turned and walked away into the sea of people. I sighed and turn around nearly bumping into someone.

"I'm sorry," I say looking up to a handsome face, but oddly familiar. "Wait a second. You play baseball, right? I've seen you play. Harrison, right?"

He first looked shocked then it immediately turned into excitement. "I didn't know you watch baseball, but ya. That's me. I am a huge fan of you. You're an amazing writer and I have read so much about you of how you volunteer at hospitals, and all kinds of shelters and how you own this amazing art gallery. This place is amazing by the way. I also read that you are a family and divorce lawyer and a good one at that. I've seen how you helped so many people get out of an awful marriage and how you helped children who needed a home-"

"Calm down," I said giggling. "I am just a normal person like everybody else." I smiled sweetly at him.

"Sorry. I tend to babble when I'm nervous." That made me laugh.

"Listen, how about at 10:30, me and you go to the dog park since I have to pick up my dog and we can hang out so your not too nervous?" When I said that, he literally started jumping up and down like a five year old who just got the cookie he has been asking for for days.

"I would love to, but I have some people with me." He said, his smile slowly fading.

"Well, I don't mind if they tag along. We can all get to know each other. I have nothing planned till 7 pm, but that is still a ways away." And then his smile immediately came back and he nodded vigorously.

"I would absolutely love that!" He yelled and some people looked at us.

I laughed at that. "Levi!" I called to Levi who was talking to one of the staff just a few feet away.

"Yes?"

"Do you have a pen?" I asked and he gave me a confused look, but took out a pen and handed it to me. I then took Harrison's hand and wrote my phone number on his palm then gave Levi the pen back and now his face was just priceless. He was glaring at Harrison, but Harrison was too happy to notice. "I have to go now and prepare the artwork, but text me when you are ready to go. Okay?"

"Yes. Absolutely. I will also tell you if my friends are coming." He responded. I gave him a sweet smile and followed Levi to another space where graffiti paintings were, but it was closed off because of the unveiled masterpiece I have yet to show.

"What is it Levi?" I asked sensing that something is wrong.

"It's nothing Miss. Cooper." He said.

"Okay. Now I know something is definitely wrong. You never call me by my last name." I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"Fine. You don't even know him and you gave your number to a stranger. He was obviously a big fan of yours so how do you know if he won't try and kidnap you or even worse, kill you?" He said, anger evident on his face.