Chapter 5

Tony's P.O.V

I watch her walk up on stage wearing leather pants that hug her legs very nicely and a long sleeve black crop top with a v-neck that showed off her breasts perfectly. Over that, she wore a black leather jacket that completely screamed bad ass. She had on black high heeled boots that stopped at her ankles completing her look. Her lips held a dark shade of red lipstick, but I was too far to see her eyes. She looks damn captivating right now.

"Man, she is hot. Are you sure her and that author chick are the same person because they look completely different compared to this mornings her and tonight her," Rider asked me.

Tonight, I only brought Rider, Riley, and Jacob; all players on the same team as me. I didn't want to draw as much attention as I did the other night with the whole team, so I only brought a few of them and told the rest to go hang somewhere else in which they complied by going out to a club a whole hour away. I didn't mind though.

"Ya. They are exactly the same person," I replied while my eyes were fixated on the woman who is dancing around on the stage belting out cords I didn't even know existed. She looked like she was having so much fun, kind of the way she looked at the dog park today. Maybe she really is happy without me. Maybe she doesn't need me anymore.

I can't believe I am starting to fall for those lies because today when I looked right into her eyes, I could see every emotion that crossed her at that very moment but I noticed the one that always stuck out when she was a kid. It is the same look she always had, fear. As happy as she may be right now, I know she still had fear in her and I know I won't make the mistake of leaving her alone again. Never again.

She sang three other songs until she decided to take a break and the music from the bars speakers started up. She walked off of the stage and over to the bar where I saw her sit down on a bar stool and talk to the same guy behind the bar from last night. He passed her a drink of some sorts in which I had no clue of what it was and place a straw in it. Yellow to be exact. It's her favorite color, but how did he know that? Are they friends? More then friends? Shit, am I too late?

"I am making my move," I said and got up from my seat strutting my way over to the empty seat next to her. She didn't look my way and I glared at the bartender who she was speaking to.

"Michelob Ultra," I interrupt their conversation. The guy looks at me and gives a slight nod before pulling out the beer I requested and popping off the top sliding it to me. I visibly see Cecilia freeze in her seat and look straight in front of her not moving at all.

"Why are you here?" She mutters enough for me to hear.

"Please, I need you to hear me out. I know you Cecilia. Your favorite flower is a white rose. Your favorite color is yellow. I know you like to over think things when something good comes your way. I know your eyebrows crease together and your face becomes blank when you're confused. You're someone who can hold a grudge for a very long time and I know that if somebody doesn't make a good first impression, you're quick to dismiss them. You have a hard time trusting people and you love too easily. You love so many things although you believe you were never loved yourself. You like to make people happy because you like to think that as long as they're happy, you finally did something right for once. That their happiness puts you at ease because you have never been happy yourself. I know-"

"Okay, so let's say that that is all true. Let's say you do know me, so if you know all of that then you can know exactly what I am feeling right now." She said still not looking at me, but she is calm and I can tell she is starting to relax. I'm doing something right.

"You're feeling hurt and betrayed, but I want to fix that. Please, let's just talk." I begged.

She nodded her head and called over the bartender whose name is Richard. She told him she was ready to leave and he nodded his head and reached underneath the bar and pulled out a helmet for her. She gladly took it and took my hand and dragged me out with her. Before we walked out of the bar, I saw the guys giving me cheeky grins and a thumbs up. I shook my head as a grin made its way on my face then I finally realized something. We are holding hands. I felt electricity flow through our joined hands and my heart started beating faster by the second.

"Well, are you going to get on or are you just going to stand there all day?" I didn't notice that we were now outside in the parking lot and she was sitting on a Kawasaki EX500 (Ninja) motorcycle and I was just standing here like an idiot.

Wow. This is a nice bike. I didn't know she drives motorcycles. I'm impressed.

"Thank you." She giggled shoving another helmet into my hands and I gave her a confused expression in which she replied, "you said what you were thinking. Now put on the helmet and hop on." She revved the engine and took off once I had a good grip around her waist.

I felt electricity surge through my arms as they held tight around her torso. She fit in my arms perfectly and everything just felt so right. Then I suddenly felt the urge of possession and protection for her. I felt my guilt rip through me like a knife for being a cause to her pain and realized I never want to hurt her ever again. Never will I leave this girl. I know what I want and I want you, Cecilia. I will make you mine soon baby girl. Very soon.

Cecilia's P.O.V

We are now sitting in my living room in my apartment. Tony is sitting on the coffee table while I am sitting on the sofa in front of him. We are just intently staring at each other waiting for a word to just pop out of our mouths. Say something dammit!

"Well, you wanted to talk so talk," I spoke up.

"Right." He nodded his head finally opening his mouth. "That night when I opened my door to you for the last time, I didn't want to say any of those things but I had to. Before you came over, I was told my mother had cervical cancer. I didn't want to put anymore stress on my family after we found the news and I knew you were a key factor in all of our problems because they never liked you. I wasn't ready to get rid of my mother so I made a choice and I chose her. I had to leave you to make her happy. No stress. That's what the doctor wanted.

Since we caught it early, we were able to treat it. She got several biopsies and the cancer was gone. By then, 3 years had passed and you had already graduated high school and were in college because you graduated really early. I didn't know how to contact you and I had just got a scholarship for a free ride to California for a college there. I started to focus a lot on my baseball career and tried to forget about you but the more I tried to forget, the more the pain would hurt. I broke my own heart that night, not just yours so I tried getting over it by sleeping with various women but none ever interested me as much as you did. I didn't just lose a friend that night, I lost my other half. You're apart of me Ariel whether I like it or not and I never want to let you go. I lost myself and when I saw you that first night in the bar the other night, I didn't know who you were but my heart did. You captivated me and I thought you looked familiar. Oh Ariel, I am so so so very sorry." He grabbed my hands and gave them a tight squeeze.

I don't want to be mad at this man anymore. He is my other half too, but can I ever trust him again? I felt a tear slide down my cheek as I gazed at our intertwined hands. I finally feel whole again. "I'll try, but I'm not promising anything." I whispered looking back into his emotionalized eyes. He gave me a warm smile and I knew what I have been missing for all these years.

"I missed you so much, Cecilia," Tony said as he leaned in for a hug. His arms wrapped tightly around my torso as he sunk his head into the crook of my neck. I wrapped my arms around him as the feeling of being completely safe rendered my senses. This is what home felt like.