A Little Bit Of Hope

"Dad?" Alex asked.

"Yes it's me, my darling." The man said.

"How do I now it's really you?" Alex said. "You could be Lloyd."

"Alex I'm not my brother. It's really me." The man said.

Alex didn't know what to think. She thought Lloyd was her father. It was a very good chance for this man to be Lloyd. But it could also be her late father.

"If you really are my late dad, then tell me something only he would know." Alex said. The man thought for a few seconds, he then smiled.

"When you were young, about 6 years old you made an active volcano for a project at school." The man said. "But at the last minute, your volcano stopped working. So your brother Connor took the wire that we made the volcano from and built a dinosaur. You guys then did your project on Dinosaurs. You guys got an A and me and your mother were so proud."

Alex started to tear up. He got that story right, down to the last detail.

"Dad." Alex said. She then ran up and tried to hug him but she then right through him. He was a ghost. "Your not really here."

"Yes sweetheart. I'm not. But I saw you so sad, I wanted to see you." John said. "What's wrong darling?"

Alex told him about what his brother Lloyd was doing. She told him about their plan to finally defeat him, and about him taking everything they had. She told him how she felt, like she didn't have any hope left.

"You can lose hope Alex." John said. "Sure my brother can be vengeful, ruthless and mean but if you lose hope you'll never defeat him."

"Dad do you know how he got this way?" Alex asked.

"No I don't."  John said.  "My mother doesn't even know, and she's the one who spent the most time with him."

"How am I supposed to defeat him when he's already won?"  Alex said and went back over to the window.  John followed her.

"I do know that you can't do it alone."  He said.  "The people who are closest to you will help you and give you the strength and hope when you need it."

"Thank you dad.  I needed that."  Alex said.  "I better get back to Grandma, Connor and the others."

"Wait, your grandmothers back."  John said.

"Yeah, but I don't know how."  Alex said.

"The Magic Vault."  John mumbled.

"What?"  Alex asked.

"The Magic Vault."  John said.  "It's a vault in the middle of the Dwarf Forests where you can bring magic brings back from the dead.  But you have to give another life to bring them back."

"That's what Lloyd must have done."  Alex said.  "He must have killed someone and traded them for grandma.  And if he did that...we can bring you back!"

"No Alex don't!"  John said.  He got on one knee and looked into Alex's eyes.  "Alex don't kill someone just to bring me back.  I want you to go back find your brother and grandmother and defeat my brother.  And whenever you need a lift I'll be there." 

"Ok."  Alex said.

"I have to go now."  John said.  "Goodbye sweetheart."

"Bye daddy."  Alex said.  John then disappeared into thin air.  Alex then disappeared from the castle.

Back in the cave, everyone was talking through their plan to get back the items.  The Fairy Godmother, Mother Goose, Jack, Froggy, and Merlin had gotten back to the cave with no sign of Alex.

"So did you guys find out a way to get the stuff back?"  Mother Goose asked.

"Yes,"  Connor said.  "Lloyd right now is out of his house in the Dwarf Forests. So we have to find Elsa convince her to freeze Lloyds heart and take back the items and we'll also have the heart."

"Ok we have a plan."  Jack said.

"Grandma I'm sorry.  But it's but we have to do."  Connor said.

"It's ok Connor."  The Fairy Godmother said.  There was then a flash of light.  Alex then appeared in the cave.

"Alex!  Are you ok?"  Connor asked.

"Yes, I am."  Alex said.  "I'm sorry I left. Do we have a plan?"  Connor told her the plan.  She agreed with it. 

"Alright guys we have a plan."  Goldilocks said.

"Let's go take our home back."  Red said.