Chapter 3: One Rose

My sister, dead, right before me with a bullet straight through her heart. I couldn't see anyone nearby. Who would do such a thing to a little girl? I loudly weep into her blond curls, holding her head close to my heart. I don't bother to even check her pulse to see if she's still alive. I did it anyway even though I had no hope left. Then I heard I soft thump. Sara's pulse seemed okay, but I guess not for long. I pray for Sara to go to heaven for she was always by my side and so gentle and sweet she is. I look into her soulless green eyes and shed more tears than ever. Then the front door opened and there was Adeline.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What happened," Adeline said with a sad look one her face. She leaned her hand onto the door and crossed her hands in a unsympathetic motion.

"Did you do this to her," I screeched my question out in a ball of fury.

"Of course not, idiot, but I kind of hired the person who killed your sister," she replied while rubbing her hands together in a guilty way. "I didn't mean to kill your sister all I wanted is to make your life miserable, but things got out of hand. That's the truth, Alex," Adeline smiled something like back then when we were once friends. That was so long ago when we were young and childish. We gaze at each other like we thought the same thing.

"Then, why would you kind of hired the person who killed my sister?" I sobbed the awkward silence between us away and started to cry again. My tears kept falling off my cheek like crazy.

"I don't know. I just don't know," Adeline replied as she crouched onto the floor and sobbed a bit like I was doing a few seconds ago.

"I'm sorry for this whole thing. I'll do whatever to pay you back for killing your sister," Adeline muttered out  while a few of her tears stained the wooden floor. I never thought she would say that to me at least in a million years. But this surprised me the most. The words that was on my mind escaped my mouth and formed the words,"Apology accepted." The words I thought I'll never say to my former friend. Then my body took control and made me hug Adeline so close to me that I had to let Sara go, go to the place I will go soon. Adeline's feelings of shock and surprise wavered onto me, mixing with some of my emotions as well. Then Adeline hugged me back as tight as I was holding her like the old times.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 During the week it was rough. Everyone was preparing for the funeral for Sara. Mom, Violette, Adam, some other relatives, and even Adeline. Adeline had did everything she could to pay me back for everything. I wonder what gone over her cause it was so quick that she became my enemy then back to friends again.

Then my thoughts popped when mother called me,"Honey, dear can you help me with the funeral invitations." Tears welled up in my mother's eyes every time she thought about Sara. She quickly handed me the envelopes and letters and ran away to the bathroom to dry her tears and running mascara. I slowly write out the words of the address and time of the funeral ceremony and quickly put it inside the envelope and wrote the addresses on the envelope and continued to do that in the following 24 minutes.

Afterwords I wonder where mother has gone. It's already been half and hour and she's still in the bathroom. I still hear her weeping and crying though so I thought she was going through a sad breakdown.

I quietly weep as well as I walk to my room struggling to even move and walk toward my bedroom door. As I walk I see the beautiful paintings my Aunt Marie made arranged perfectly along the hallway walls. I admired the one with a bouquet of roses. Then I spotted something different about the painting. There was a black rose that stood out over them all that almost seemed life-like. And it had 4 petals on it with one fallen petal next to it.