Faceless

Six days ago. You know a lot can happen in six days. Somebody could die and their funeral be organized, someone could get murdered and the police could begin an investigation... But, in a single day the UK's national debt will grow by 446 million £, 2880 will die of lung cancer, 24 crimes will be committed inside British police stations and a certain club could catch on fire leaving 60 people dead. All of a sudden, one dead body and that murder you thought you witnessed become much less significant.All your little whims become utterly irrelevant, in the grand scheme of the world. When we think about life in such a manner, we realize how trivial our individual existence really. I am one out of the almost 2 million people inhabiting this city, I don't matter. I am of the hundreds of students attending my highschool, I don't matter. And I am one of the tens of freshmen that came this year,I , honestly, don't matter in any distinct way, which is why I will never understand why everyone cared so much. Why they couldn't leave me be for my six days of madness. But, I suppose I should be thankful they intervened... I guess I was not alright, I guess a lot did happen in six days.

They were six significant days.