Prologue

I had finally done it, I have been accepted into the ranks of Pegasus Sovereignty 's top combat Swords. I have been working tirelessly for the past five years just for this day. Megan and Troy both made it as well, now we can fulfill the pact we made when we joined the Fleet Fighter Academy.

Even though we have been accepted into the Sword of the Stars we still have to go on training missions and patrols before they let us do any combat missions. Though it will be a pain in the ass, it needs to be done to show that they made the right choice on new editions to their team.

The atmosphere on base is very thick as war with the Balvenie Empire seems more and more inevitable. Rumors trickle down about skermishs along the border and in unoccupied systems. The rumors made everyone on edge, no amount of training could prepare you for a full scale war on a galactic scale. When full scale war does break out, many of the independent systems could be in dangers.

Many of the independent systems have pooled their resources to build a coalition fleet to defend themselves with, but that wonderful be enough to stop a full assault from the Balvenie.

The war seemed like it wouldn't start for another year or so. Or so we thought. When we got word that Edythe Prime, a Pegasus world well within our border was under attack from the Balvenie Empire. Nobody was prepared for what this war had in store for us..