Chapter 4 Sorting

The train come to a stop and we all get out then we hear a loud voice among the chatter of the students "First year over here first years this way" we follow the voice "Hagrid" Harry exclaims where did harry meet a half giant if he only knew about wizards last month "ello harry how you doing cousin give you much trouble" he says "no he was to scared to come anywhere near me" harry replies.

We wait for the other first years to find there way over to Hagrid then he leads os to the lake "into the boats no more than 4 a boat" he says as he gets into his own boat i guess he has to sit alone because he is the same as 4 of us i get in a boat with harry and ron then a girl with light brown bushy hair that we saw in the train gets in with us "I'm hermione" the girl says "hello" we all say we start on our way across the lake to hogwarts "so were do you live" i ask hermione "not to far from London" she says "you" "same about 20 minutes out of the city" i say.

We talk for the rest of the ride in the boats trying not to move to much so we don't fall out "look its hogwarts" i hear a kid yell i look up he's right oh it beautiful its what a grand castle i see a huge castle every window lit with a golden glow coming from within the many towers and the beautiful detail taken all over the outside of the castle i can only begin to imagine how the inside must look if this is just the exterior. We draw closer and then pull up on shore its even more beautiful up close u can see every detail from the curves in the roof tiles to the patterns in the stones amazing.

We all clime out of the boats and onto the rocks and walk to the castle the hagrid speaks "everyone alright got everything alright good" he raises his arm and knocks on the huge wooden door 3 times the waits. the door opens to reveal a tall grey hair witch a black hat and emerald green robes and a stern look on her face she was not to be messed with "first years this is professor McGonagall" said hagrid "thank you hagrid follow me children" we followed her across the hall the stone walls lit up with lamp after lamp with painting covering the walls like the magnificent marble staircase standing proudly in the middle of the room leading to the upper levels of the castle we follow Professor Mcgonagall across the flagstoned floor to a large wooden door she turns around and starts to speak "now i a minute or two we will enter the great hall and u will all stand in a line waiting for me to call your name then you will come and sit on the stool and i will place the sorting hat on your head and it will tell you your house is everyone clear in that" we all nodded in agreement with her last statement "good" she says with a firm voice the turns and enters the great hall and shuts the door behind her we wait for a minute or to the the door opens and she emerges "we're ready for you now".

We all follow her into the hall and up in front on the teachers table where a three legged wooden stool sat and on it lay an old black pointed hat "that must be the sorting hat" i thought to myself. she steps up next to the stool opens a role of parchment and calls the first name "Abbot, Hannah" she says load enough for everyone in the hall to hear a girl with blonde piggy tails emerges from the group and walks up to the stool and sits down Professor McGonagall places the hat on the girls head the hat opens its mouth and yells "Hufflepuff" the Hufflepuff table explodes in cheers the girl gets up and walks over to the table and sits down with the rest of the Hufflepuffs, they then call up more kids and one by one you hear "Hufflepuff or Gryffindor then a Ravenclaw and some Slytherins after each person is sorted you would hear a wave of cheers from the table of the house they were sorted into then my name was called i step up to the 3 legged stool and sit down they hat is placed on my head its so big it covers my eyes the great hall disappears from my site then i hear a voice its the hat the same voice as i heard yelling out the house but quite it must only be loud enough for me to hear " hmm what have we got here" the hat says "you are kind and loyal but all so cunning and brave smart logical you would do well in ravenclaw no thats not right id say GRYFFINDOR" the hat finished shouting the last word so the hall could hear a wave of cheers erupted from the gryffindor table and i go to sit down next to hermione who is talking to ron and harry good we are all in gryffindor i was worried i wouldn't have any friends in my house but this is a dream come true as soon as the sorting was over Professor McGonagall picks of the hat and stool and takes them aways then dumbledore stand up and the hall became silent "Welcome," he said. "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!" everyone claps and he takes his seat i hear Harry ask Percy is he is mad i cant help but laugh a little to myself just then i look down there is food piled high on plates that were empty only moments ago we all dig in At last, the desserts too disappeared, and Professor Dumbledore got to his feet again. The hall fell silent. "Ahern -- just a few more words now that we are all fed and watered. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you. "First years should note that the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well." Dumbledore's twinkling eyes flashed in the direction of the Weasley twins. "I have also been asked by Mr. Filch, the caretaker, to remind you all that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors. "Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of the term. Anyone interested in playing for their house teams should contact Madam Hooch. "And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a very painful death." hang on what is he kidding i hear harry ask the same thing apparently he is not and before we have to much time to discuss he sends us all of to our house rooms "first years follow prefects" and with that he steps down and he to leaves the hall we follow percy back to our common room and go to bed.