Chapter Four

I skipped today's council meeting and I stayed in my library. It's a secret room that I built a long time ago and I just now decided to use it as a library. I flip through the pages of my spell book  and I spot a spell I've never seen before.

'How to make an inanimate object come to life' it looks simple. I get up from the chair I'm sitting in and walk over to the table. I grabbed the candle holder and worked my magic. In a few seconds the candle holder roared with life.

The flames became bigger than they already were. The fire dances around the room and I smile. This isn't my best work but it's amusing. The fire hits a bookcase and the bookcase topples over and falls on the floor in front of the door.

Before I know it the room is set ablaze and the fire is growing by the second. The fire dances in my face as I try to extinguish it with my magic. I flick my hand in the direction of the fire and nothing happens. My brows furrowed as I try over and over again.

"Help!" I scream out. I doubt anyone is going to find me. My lungs burn and it gets harder to breathe.

"Help." I weakly say. I keep repeating this in hopes of someone finding me. The weight of my body seems heavier and I grow tired. So I sit down on the floor.

"Regina?!" I hear a muffled voice say behind the walls. With all the strength left I scream at the top of my lungs, "Help!!" The voice doesn't say anything back and the fire grows even more. I cough and try to prevent engulfing the smoke by putting my face into my sleeve.

The door breaks down and wood flies all over the room. The smoke covers my sight and I can't see anything. Someone sprays water all over the room and all on me. Once the smoke is clear I see David and Snow looking at me.

"Why the hell did you spray me with water!" I croak out.

"You're welcome. I didn't have to save your life." David says and he walks out the room.

"What the hell happened in here?" Snow asks while she helps me up.

"My magic got out of control and I couldn't stop it! It's completely useless!" I shout while I throw a charred book on the floor.

"Look, Regina I'm sure it's not useless. You just need to calm down and let's have Doc check you out."

"It was just a fire. I'm fine so just leave me the hell alone."

"I will leave you alone for now. I better see you at dinner Regina." She says as she leaves the room. I muster up the little energy I have and transform the room back to its original state.

"Where the hell were you when I needed you?" I say while looking at my hands.

"I'm right here behind you dearie." I hear the high pitch unmistakable voice say.

"How the hell are you alive?" I say while turning to see his wrinkled golden face.

"Rumpelstiltskin never fails my dear. It looks like you're having trouble with your magic."

"Yes, I need your help. What's wrong with me?"

"It's your emotions. Whenever they become too strong your magic stops completely. It's completely natural."

"Okay. Wait, how the hell are you still alive? I saw you kill yourself right in front me."

"The Dark One never reveals his tricks." He says with his high pitch laugh.

"Where have you been?"

"I'm in the dark castle with Belle and Neal. Belle and I are actually expecting a child."