Prologue

"Yoona. Are you alright? You seem abit out of sorts and you keep missing out the simple dance steps," Sooyoung piped in as she tapped the younger on her back.

"I'm fine, I just couldn't sleep well lately. I have been busy memorising scripts and attending casting calls. I will be okay after some rest." Yoona managed a small smile as she reassured her unnie. As soon as she saw the worry from Sooyoung's face disappeared, her forceful smile vanished as she left the practice room for a toilet break.

Yoona felt a burning pain in her stomach as she made a dash to the toilet. The stirring in the stomach was too much that she started puking everything she had for lunch including four bowls of rice with kimchi and meat, two kimbap and a large plate of rice cakes. She has always been a shikshin but lately, her stomach did not seem to be taking the sudden increase in consumption fairly well. Yoona struggled to maintain her composure as the sudden surge of vomitting caused her immense discomfort, causing her to feel faint and her legs stumbling to walk.

"Yoona. Where have you been? Break has been over for 15 minutes, everyone is waiting for you!" Tiffany reprimanded her as soon as the younger stepped in the room.

"Tif, Yoong isn't feeling too well so..." Sooyoung stepped out to explain but was interrupted by Yoona. "I'm sorry unnie. Anyway just continue on without me, I'm leaving early cause I'm not feeling well, I will inform manager oppa about it." Yoona snapped back before gathering her belongings leaving the room. The seven of them were dumbfounded as the scene unfolded infront of them. Yuri tried to reach for Yoona but Yoona simply shrugged her off.

"Yoona-ya come ba-" Tiffany shouted but the rest of the girls were only greeted by the slim figure walking out without giving them a second look.

"Cut!" The director shouted. "Yoona can you try it again, but this time with more emotions to portray this character's gentle but intelligent personality?"
Yoona nodded as she listened, but thought to herself how many times do I have to repeat this and this is really getting on my nerves. She then repeated the lines once again but was stopped by the director.
"I'm sorry can we take ten," The director shot Yoona a look before calling the staffs out.

Yoona rolled her eyes and procceeded to the dressing room. Her manager then gave her the jacket and asked, "Yoona, are you really okay? That was the fifteen take and normally you won't underperform like today."
"I already tried my best and did whatever I was asked to. What more do you want from me?!" Yoona's outburst left everyone including the manager,the stylist and makeup artists silent in shock.
Yoona suddenly realised her tone and attitude quickly apologised, "I'm sorry oppa, it's just that the stress for the upcoming schedules are really getting to me." She sighed and the staff comforted her, "It's okay Yoona, if you have any problems your members and family are here for you and don't forget your team of dependable staff! " Yoona responded with a 'thanks' and a smile which wasn't her usual bright one but nobody noticed the difference.

As soon as the staff cleared out of the room to prepare, Yoona's curve on her lips straightened as she left out a sigh. She turned to look into the mirror, staring back at her was the reflection of the nation's girl group center, the visual and face were the labels the media gave her. She scoffed as she mumbled to herself what kind of visual, face,center am I. Yoona's deep auburn orbs which were once full of mirth and radiated life over the years but now they seemed to be empty and void.

"Yoona stand by!" she heard them calling for her."Coming!" She snapped out of her daze and plastered on her brightest smile that she could ever muster just for today .

"Are you sure you don't need me to be around to tell you more about the report?" The doctor queried sceptically.
"No, it'll be better for me to deal with it alone." Yoona gave a nonchalant reply.
"Okay then, if you need anything don't hesitate to find me okay?" came the reply of the doctor.

Yoona just nodded her head towards her doctor and then left the room as she stared at the brown envelope in her hands. She had a million thoughts running through her brain right now.
This is it.
This paper will determine everything.
She gripped the edges of the envelope so tight till crinkles were formed and her two hands were now shaking. She gingerly opened the seal as she pulled out the thin bundle of papers.

All she saw were words that made her heart skip a beat. The last thought on her mind before she felt the world blacked out on her. All became a blurry to her as she felt her feet gave way before a painful sting was felt on her head.

The last words that resonated through her mind was: "How am I going to carry on being the Im Yoona?"