Chapter 1 - Searching Names and an Almost Deadly Experience

~Oliver's POV~

I don't know how it happened, but when I saw him, I knew straight away: I had become gay.

It's what you would probably call 'love at first sight'. My heart pounded in my chest and my face burned up at the sight of him. He only looked a few years older than me, and had light blond hair—much like mine—and dark blue eyes. His hair was tied up in a small ponytail, his long bangs hanging over his face. He had a somewhat childish look to him, but it was mostly drowned out by how handsome he looked as well.

It wasn't a bad combination in my opinion. In fact, I think that might've been the reason I fell in love in the first place! His somewhat childish, yet handsome features.... I ended up drooling on the papers I had in my hands and had to get new copies. Meiko had yelled at me since she had agreed to help me with my newly-found fame. I couldn't tell you why I got fame. It just kinda...happened.

Apparently, according to Meiko, Miku and Kaito had decided to finally add me to the group of 'official vocaloids', even though I was already a vocaloid to begin with.... At first I didn't quite understand it, but suddenly when the burst of fangirls hit, it clicked in my mind.

In the midst of the insanity, I managed to get away from the mobs of fangirls chasing after me. It was actually quite the traumatic experience.... I never knew how violent girls could be....

While I was catching my breath, I had looked up for a split second, and there he was. The childishly handsome boy. I immediately froze up and my face turned dark red at the sight of him.

I never had expected myself to get a girlfriend, let alone a boyfriend, so I was extremely shocked when I had realized that I had become gay. I didn't actually really mind, for I had never been into romance that much in the past. I had always been busy with practicing singing and dancing, and that didn't give me much free-time either.

My mind had went blank in that moment of realization, and only a few thoughts raced through my head. Of the few thoughts that were there, about four of them were most likely something along the lines of, 'I'm...gay...?!'

There were few people in the area that I was at that moment, so I got a few good glances at the boy before he had walked on. I was too afraid and embarrassed to go after him, so I hurried back to Meiko and instantly went to searching him up.

It didn't take me long to find out who he was. He was moderately famous—definitely more famous than me though—and his name was 'Len Kagamine'. God, even his name was hot. Just saying it made me drool. Although, I got it on more papers and Meiko yelled at me again.

I ended up looking at pictures of Len all day. Again, I got yelled at because I wasn't helping Meiko help me, but it's worth it. I mean, look at him! He's literally a famous, handsome, somewhat childish boy. Who wouldn't drool over that?

After I had finished helping Meiko help me—she worked me late into the night, I decided to look up when Len'a next concert would be. I thought it might be been okay for me to speak to him personally because we were both vocaloids, but then I started to rethink....

What if he thinks I'm not good enough to be a vocaloid...? What if he laughs at me? What if he gets creeped out if I accidentally start drooling...?! Get a hold of yourself, Oliver! Just control your drool!

I worried and worried so much that I ended up not being able to sleep that night. The concert was next week in an area close to where my next concert would be held, so Meiko allowed me to go visit. I knew she wouldn't just let me go, so I made up the excuse of 'getting to learn how to sing better by having a mentor of some sort'. Luckily, she let it slide.