Quarter Two- New kid in school

I walk into my math classroom and take a seat in the third chair to the back in the row closest to the door. This room is a bit smaller than the rest of the classrooms, I've noticed. I lean back on my chair and wait for Mr.Martinez to walk into the classroom. I hear the door creak open and I turn my head. I see Mr. Martinez walks in and stands in the doorway and says,

"Class, we have a new student. He's an

exchange student from Paris France. I'd like you all to be respectful towards him do you understand?"

"Yes Mr. Martinez,"

The whole class says in unison. I hear one popular girl say,

"Oo, France."

He begins to go over to whole lesson plan I am still listening but my mind is somewhere else. Thinking about several things: how old the new kid is, what his name is, how I forgot to ask Sonia about starting the band again, why so many girl stare at me, it kinda creepy but also funny at the same time. My thoughts are interrupted as the teacher ask,

"Sonic, what page did I just say to go to?"

What? He didn't ask us to go to a page. He was talking about the text coming up next week. So I said,

"Sir, you didn't tell us to go to a page. You we're talking about the big test coming up next week and how hard we should study for it."

He smiles at me,

"Very good," he says, "I see you've been listening. Now class, since it is Friday I have decided to put on a movie for you kids. The movie will be The Titanic. Yes, it may be an old movie but it is a good one. There are some sence that are not appropriate for school but they aren't too long and I think you're all mature enough to handle it."

A girl, whom I recently learn her name was Celia, raises her hand and ask,

"So like, will we be like, watching this like, every like, Friday?"

"Yes. We will be like, watching this like, every like, Friday,"

says the teacher mocking her in a playful way. The girl flips her hair back, crosses her legs under her desk and forms her lips in a irregular shape showing disgust. Her two friends do the same as well. The class and laugh and I set my bag on the floor near my desk as the sound decrescendos. The teacher sets down in his desk and starts the movie. The big companies that supported the movie in some way are introduced on the screen.

"Sonic," says Mr. Martinez, "Will you turn off the lights?"

I stand up and shrug, "Sure," I said.

I walk towards the door where the light switch is in the wall. I reach towards the switch, spread my fingers out, press my hand against the wall and slide them down, switching the lights off. As I do the door gets pulled open and some light from the hallways shines into the room. Blocking some light from coming in is a silhouette in the shape of my body. Except for the lower two spikes are pointing up. I feel a hand touch mine and the lights flip on. The teacher pauses the movie. The silhouette is now clear and I can see that it is a guy, black with red almost stripes on his spikes. Red eyes, white fur on his chest, black fingerless gloves and black pants. I feel my face redden but I shake my head left and right. What was that...? I question to myself.

"Sup, I'm supposed to be at math now. Am I in the right class?"

He says with a scowl.

I scratch my head and give a nervous smile and say,

"Uh, yeah."

"Superbe mouvement maintenant hors de mon chemin."

His words puzzle me and I assume he figures this because he demands,